CB drum kits.

jasondrums

My only kit currently is a CB kit, they only have 2 kits, a junior and regular kit.

Ofcourse, I have the big boy one, and ofcourse my parents bought me a black one for my 16th birthday. At first I hated this kit, it wasn't what I was used to the pedals since I had always played with my friend's kits, and I couldn't get the hang of most of the hardware, but now that all I use are the shells, I love this kit. For the price I feel this kit is really cheap. Does anyone else have one that can second my opinion so that I know I'm not just crazy?

screamBRYAN

If your asking oppinions on CB pedals, then all i can say is that CB's hardware sucks the big one. My friend plays CB and his pedal and hi-hat stand went to hell in a month, but he's a noob and doesn't want to put money into the kit...

Buy a new pedal, and better stands. If you are on a budget, Pearl makes good low-end hardware, and Paiste makes good low end cymbals.

Good luck
-Bryan

rusty4u2

jasondrums":zdyftdfd said:
My only kit currently is a CB kit, they only have 2 kits, a junior and regular kit.

Ofcourse, I have the big boy one, and ofcourse my parents bought me a black one for my 16th birthday. At first I hated this kit, it wasn't what I was used to the pedals since I had always played with my friend's kits, and I couldn't get the hang of most of the hardware, but now that all I use are the shells, I love this kit. For the price I feel this kit is really cheap. Does anyone else have one that can second my opinion so that I know I'm not just crazy?

Yeah i have a CB drum kit and i think they are exellent for the price
I payed £200 and it's great

The downside are the cymbals and hard wear but i had pretty good cymbals anyway.

So the best thing to do is change the cymbals to good ones
and better hardwear and you would really have a good kit
and also the snare skin will need changing to a remo or evans.

I managed to make my CB kit sound just as good at the expensive kits such as pearl,yamaha and tama.

brian

i had a cb kit for about five years and i loved it other than the bass pedal and hihat, but the cymbal stand i still have to this day and i have it on my kit now it is a very cheap stand but is still strong after many gigs!

jasondrums

rusty4u2":10vpd8np said:
jasondrums":10vpd8np said:

Yeah i have a CB drum kit and i think they are exellent for the price
I payed £200 and it's great

The downside are the cymbals and hard wear but i had pretty good cymbals anyway.

So the best thing to do is change the cymbals to good ones
and better hardwear and you would really have a good kit
and also the snare skin will need changing to a remo or evans.

I managed to make my CB kit sound just as good at the expensive kits such as pearl,yamaha and tama.
Sorry, I'm way passed that... I only use the shells and the cymbal stand now.

But yeah, to the guy in the post right above me, sounds like you have been enjoying your CB the same way I have.

Yea, CB aint all that great, I played on a CB kit before, felt like I was gonna break the damn thing. Not very good quality drums or hardware, I'll say.

TamaDrummer123

I've owned a cb kit. CB=rubbish. For about the same price, maybe a littie more you could get an export, which are exponentially better.

Vgard

I got a Cb mx serie.. and I cant stand to look at it, because then I hear that awfaul noise. Im selling it now, but it sems like nobody want it.. Buy a Export like my mAn...

steveund

I have an older CB700 kit. The set is from the mid to late 70s. This is way before CB Percussion. My CB700 kit is very high end sounding, I toured with it for several years and recorded four albums with it.

But I agree on the later years CB DRUMS got cheap and didn't make good sounding stuff. It's almost like you're playing with one layer of ply. They are that light, and the Snair is not that durable. The hardware really got cheap, I used to have to buy those $20 cymbal stands by CB and they would always start slipping in about a month or so of playing with them on tour.

No the Big Boy lower end stuff is getting cheaper in price these days, get yourself an entry level kit from Yamaha or Pearl or anyone who makes good quality stuff for around the same price as you got your CB SET.

DrumBoy

They still make CB drumkits? I did not know that. My first drumkit was a CB700 drumkit I got as a kid, I thought they were very entry-level quality, although I thought they had a pseudo-Pearl look to them. I remember the shells as rough on the inside and poorly cut edges. I don't even know what kind of wood they were made of, they almost looked like some reconstituted wood pulp of something similar. I pounded them to death. Fun times. :D

deadsawlife

CB Kits are not all that bad. I have a CB Custom Fusion kit. It has a really nice sound. It has a sweet wrap on it also. I have added new heads to everything but the snare because that sounds amazing.

lifehabit

Anything that sounds at least a little like drums is ok if you don't have the money to upgrade or buy something nicer..then do what you can to get started. I started out on a Ludwig 'Rocker' kit. sold it, went to Alaska..came back with no drums to return too...borrowed an older CB kit..hated it..but was greatful to have something to play..then I bought some pearl master studios for $400.00 ((ohh yes...envy me!)) I'm not going to dog on CB drums..They arn't a top of the line kit..but they are still drums. If your looking to not spend alot of money..check out PDP or a lower end Gretch kit. Honestly..most companys make a pretty decent kit for cheep now. Zildjian makes some nice sounding ZBT's. Do the best you van without breaking the bank!