Cappella Sticks

Atmerrill

Has anyone heard anything about Cappella being bought and going back into production? Folks in New York or New Jersey may have an "in" on this one.

They were inconsistent at the end, but they had a great finish and when you had a good pair, you had something special.

Airborne Ranger

One of the family members ( I believe his name is Carmine Cappella) of the original owners has purchased the name and former Cappella factory. He started the company up again under the name A-Cappella Drumsticks (www.acappelladrumsticks.net). Currently he offers custom made sticks and he can make sticks using the old Cappella designs. He also makes a Bernard Purdie signature model. I have not seen or played these new sticks so I can't vouch for the quality of them. Honestly, I doubt A-Cappella will be around long as a drumstick company. There is too much tough competition in an already overcrowded market. The only advantage he will have over competition is that he will make custom sizes. I liked Cappella sticks too, but the quality took a nosedive in the last years or production. So in a way, they ARE back, under new ownership but sadly, I doubt they will last in the marketplace.

Airborne Ranger

Carmen Cappella e-mailed me today and gave me some info and prices. He said he can make any standard size, the older Cappella designs, or a custom size of your design for $8.00 a pair. Minimum order is 24 pairs. He will print your logo/signature on the sticks as well and will have the old Cappella finish. There is a set-up fee of $20 for the lathe knife and shipping is additional as is a .50 nylon tip charge if you prefer. He will send a sample pair of your sticks for approval before setting up the run.

slomat

And as are matters?
Atmerrill":1lu7uvlw said:
Has anyone heard anything about Cappella being bought and going back into production? Folks in New York or New Jersey may have an "in" on this one.

They were inconsistent at the end, but they had a great finish and when you had a good pair, you had something special.