Can anyone attempt to work out what Taylor Hawkins is doing?

break the prism

it's mostly, from what i've observed, fast 9 stroke rolls and various paradiddles. it's a very nice solo, and much more creative than anything a lot of alternative rock drummsrs would think of, but i don't think it would be too hard to mimic.

grey_fox

ah, ok just be good if i could find some way of slowing it down,
be even better if there was a tab with it! :D

hmm well i have the dvd so i might just watch it through really slowly!

cheers

vahnn

grey_fox":3nhxrlt5 said:

cheers
i don't know how to adequately describe what he's doing, but it would be relatively easy to play if you just put some time into figuring it out.

like was prism said, i know he's doing a bunch of paradiddles for sure, i have no clue what 9-stroke rolls are, but i'm sure he's right.

try listening to it, but turn off your monitor or turn away from the screen and pretend you're sitting at your kit, and just try to LISTEN to what he's doing. it can be confusing watching his arms move so fast.

i like it, though, very precise, not a lot of clutter in it.

!!!!

grey_fox

vahnn":27w59p64 said:
grey_fox":27w59p64 said:

cheers
i don't know how to adequately describe what he's doing, but it would be relatively easy to play if you just put some time into figuring it out.

like was prism said, i know he's doing a bunch of paradiddles for sure, i have no clue what 9-stroke rolls are, but i'm sure he's right.

try listening to it, but turn off your monitor or turn away from the screen and pretend you're sitting at your kit, and just try to LISTEN to what he's doing. it can be confusing watching his arms move so fast.

i like it, though, very precise, not a lot of clutter in it.

!!!!

:D that's because Taylor is the best damn rock drummer there is!

and cheers i will try that out!

Jon_Norman

I like how it was not a long ass draged out drum solo. Dont get me wrong i can watch a drummer solo for hours if their good enough. But most poeple go for at lease 2 or 3 minutes. Its nice trying somthing like a minute to minute and 30 seconds.