buying first acoustic set

ive been playing electric drums for a while but it doesnt really compare to the real thing [my opinoin] so ive decided to get a real set. i play rock/metal, i already have cymbals, and my price range is 500$-750$ish, any ideas on what to buy and/or what to look for? i was thinking pearl, but thats cause i see other ppl playing Pearl, but i really dont care what company
thanks for helping :D

Assback

PDP's are in that price range. they're cool. sound good. come in a bunch of colors and finshes (they all look really great). Real good quality. Add ons are readily availiable. They'll last you awhile. Im planning on picking one of these up myself by next year.

prowler029

ive gotta second the pdp! i love mine and it sounds great with and without mics. mines birch and it records really well :)

Assback

Gretschman1":2of7xh9j said:
My favorite in the PDP line is the new Platinum series. They look and sound great.
Yeah, they're real nice! I love the loog of the lugs. They're like over a G I think. Funny thing, I'll still pay it. It's worth it

Gretschman1

Sure, maple shells, great finishes, nice looking lugs. I played one at guitar center the other day. I'm impressed!

eml

Maybe the Pearl Vision VBX or Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive if you want to buy new? I advice going for used gear too. I wish I could do that, but the only used gear I've found in Finland are old crappy TRAX-kits or Tama Imperialstar. There's just not a market here.