building my own pedal case, help!

iatemygoat

just wondering if anyone has any good ideas of a CHEAP way i can rig up a pedal carrying case for axis longboards. i thought about checking out local thrift shops for briefcases and maybe even suit cases and pad the inside. what do you think?

Empyrean Drums

iatemygoat":122ghfa6 said:
just wondering if anyone has any good ideas of a CHEAP way i can rig up a pedal carrying case for axis longboards. i thought about checking out local thrift shops for briefcases and maybe even suit cases and pad the inside. what do you think?
Find a case big enough, then (if you're crafty) cut out some peices of MDF using your pedals as a template. Then you can talk to a Car Audio shop or the likes about lining the MDF with trunk liner or un-backed carpet. Keep a couple spare pockets for tools, parts etc....

iatemygoat

Empyrean Drums":3v6ropso said:
iatemygoat":3v6ropso said:
Find a case big enough, then (if you're crafty) cut out some peices of MDF using your pedals as a template. Then you can talk to a Car Audio shop or the likes about lining the MDF with trunk liner or un-backed carpet. Keep a couple spare pockets for tools, parts etc....
MDF?

Empyrean Drums

iatemygoat":2laicajq said:
Empyrean Drums":2laicajq said:
iatemygoat":2laicajq said:
MDF?
Kind of like Particle board, but more smooth and easier to construct things with