Build, Buy, or add-on

pinkidrummer

Well I was wondering.

1.Should I buy a brand new Drum-Set.(Raise up for the money and such.)

2.Should I build a Drum-Set.

3.Or should I add-on to my current set.

(My current Drum-Set.)

Tell me what to do and what to buy...It would be nice to get prices listed with it to.

Potatoe Snack

are those stock cymbals? if they are they yeah, you should probably get a beginner pack of cymbals. They come with hihats, ride, and a crash. You could get effects cymbal packs too but I dont think its really neccessary when you first start. As far as price goes I dont know, go to www.musiciansfriend.com and search whatever cymbal you need and it'll tell you about how much they are. If its 100 dollars on there then its not far off that price if you go to a local music shop usually. and about the side snare and other toms...not a big deal just yet, just get some cymbals and if you still have stock heads get them replaced too.

pinkidrummer

Potatoe Snack":29lmzgwj said:
are those stock cymbals? if they are they yeah, you should probably get a beginner pack of cymbals. They come with hihats, ride, and a crash. You could get effects cymbal packs too but I dont think its really neccessary when you first start. As far as price goes I dont know, go to www.musiciansfriend.com and search whatever cymbal you need and it'll tell you about how much they are. If its 100 dollars on there then its not far off that price if you go to a local music shop usually. and about the side snare and other toms...not a big deal just yet, just get some cymbals and if you still have stock heads get them replaced too.
Everything here is stock.

Potatoe Snack

well then yeah, get new hi hats, a crash cymbal, and a ride cymbal and you'll need a new cymbal stand for that as well. get some better heads, doesn't matter what you get because no matter what they are, they will be better than stock heads. then you can add on to that with whatever fits your style, whether it be a splash cymbal, china cymbal, extra tom, side snare whichever.

pinkidrummer

Potatoe Snack":1obebek0 said:
well then yeah, get new hi hats, a crash cymbal, and a ride cymbal and you'll need a new cymbal stand for that as well. get some better heads, doesn't matter what you get because no matter what they are, they will be better than stock heads. then you can add on to that with whatever fits your style, whether it be a splash cymbal, china cymbal, extra tom, side snare whichever.
Ok will do thanks you have been like the only help so far.

PDP9000

pinkidrummer":2slzi1x6 said:
PDP9000":2slzi1x6 said:
pinkidrummer":2slzi1x6 said:
Umm can you give me some brands and such
Here are some cymbals Zildjian Sabian pasite
I meant like with the specs give me some good cymbals[/q

here are some series that will be good for you cause your a starter from Zildjian ZBT--ZXT---ZHT---PLanet Z

pinkidrummer

PDP9000":200mownb said:
pinkidrummer":200mownb said:
PDP9000":200mownb said:
pinkidrummer":200mownb said:

here are some series that will be good for you cause your a starter from Zildjian ZBT--ZXT---ZHT---PLanet Z
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Zildjian-ZBT-4Piece-Cymbal-Set-with-FREE-18-China-and-Cymbal-Bag-?sku=444594I found the cymbals I wanted.

PDP9000

pinkidrummer":1pmn25py said:
PDP9000":1pmn25py said:
PDP9000":1pmn25py said:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Zildjian-ZBT-4Piece-Cymbal-Set-with-FREE-18-China-and-Cymbal-Bag-?sku=444594I found the cymbals I wanted.
ya there good .......my brother started on thoes

pinkidrummer

PDP9000":oeh8h0p8 said:
pinkidrummer":oeh8h0p8 said:

ya there good .......my brother started on thoes
Hard part...

10x12" (Tom)
11x13" (Tom)
16x16" (Floor Tom)
16x22"(Bass)
5.5x14"(Snare)
(Are these the sizes because it throws me off.)