Broken Sticks

RimShot2100GP

i have a scar above my right eye from a broken stick, and one from my sister on my neck though this stick was not broken, i pissed her off, cause i "was playing too loud"

Jiggarelli

I can't even begin to tell you of all the stick mishaps I've had!

I almost took out an eye stretching my wrists before a gig while watching the beach boys movie! When I hit my eye (with the Dom Famularo pad stick) I freaked and scared my ex-wife half to death! My yowling actually scared her as much as me thinking I was blind. Then there was the time my stick got tangled in my hair while playing, and yanked a huge chunk of hair out. That hurt. Several scrapes on the cheek, several hits in the mouth...it's just a job hazzard.
Worse yet my poor singer was hit on top of the head not long ago by...get this...a 24" mirror ball. Imagine the weight of a two foot giant glass ball hitting you directly on top of the head...He played another set after...Tough Guy!

Papa John

it wasnt to me, but
earlier in 2006 i used mike portnoy's pro mark signature sticks
it broke during my solo
and the broken piece flew at my guitar vocalist's face
yeah it was pretty horrible
the worst part ist hat the broken side of the stick hit him
yeah.,...

jimhawkins

JohnRobMHIM":2xiqjluh said:
jimhawkins":2xiqjluh said:
What kind of music do you play to launch sticks like that?
show style marching band with lots of rimshots can do it.
That makes sense to me. Ive been to some big drum and bugle corp show. Lots of rim shots. Talk about loud. Yeah

Pac tink

Ive throwin a stick at my base guitarist....lol...he told me to play softer and well he recieved a stick to the head...haha....he knew i would do it, ive throwin them before

CASCINAIDRUMS

Papa John":2fs4c9gm said:
it wasnt to me, but
earlier in 2006 i used mike portnoy's pro mark signature sticks
it broke during my solo
and the broken piece flew at my guitar vocalist's face
yeah it was pretty horrible
the worst part ist hat the broken side of the stick hit him
yeah.,...
Did it stick him in the face ?
BLOOD UPON THE STAGE !!!!

CASCINAIDRUMS

Jiggarelli":3hngng1n said:
I can't even begin to tell you of all the stick mishaps I've had!

I almost took out an eye stretching my wrists before a gig while watching the beach boys movie! When I hit my eye (with the Dom Famularo pad stick) I freaked and scared my ex-wife half to death! My yowling actually scared her as much as me thinking I was blind. Then there was the time my stick got tangled in my hair while playing, and yanked a huge chunk of hair out. That hurt. Several scrapes on the cheek, several hits in the mouth...it's just a job hazzard.
Worse yet my poor singer was hit on top of the head not long ago by...get this...a 24" mirror ball. Imagine the weight of a two foot giant glass ball hitting you directly on top of the head...He played another set after...Tough Guy!
:twisted: Now that's a story and a half !!!

skinnyme

Sticks fly - sticks break.
My "best" was stick broke - tip hit lead singer in the back of his head ... I tossed the broken stick ... landed on a table and knocked over like 5 drinks - splaterring everyone sitting there with various booze and beer...
COOL - I slept with one of the chicks at that table that night...LOL

Rockaflodge

After a show one night I was trowing sticks to the crowd and one landed in a guys beer, I could not do that again if I wanted to.

Vetis

I was playing at practice, using my Ahead drumsticks, the tip un-screwed, somehow it hit a cymbal, deflected, landed in my mouth. At the end of the song I screwed it back on...and the one in a million happened....it screwed off again durring the next song and LANDED IN MY MOUTH!...I really have to keep my mouth closed.

B-b-brt

One time during a band practice session, one of our friends that was watching came up onto the drumming platform we have in the band room and hit the 18' crash and it flew off the platform and hit the lead guitarists foot. Causing a little fracture and ALOT of bruising.

Nigel Letter

Before Vic Firth changed the way they do the nylon tips they used to always fly off and I have hit a few people with them.
I have broken a stick right above where I was holding it and it spun straight up, hit a light and caused the light to fall............onto me! Not pretty atall!!!
Often had sticks shatter and pieces would fly into my eyes. Now that hurts like hell! Sweat in your eyes is bad but a mixture of sweat and picecs of drum stick in your eye sucks.
Have had a few sticks come very close to hitting band members in the eyes.

Now with cymbals that's a whole new ball game. I have had chunks of cymbals fly all over the place. The one time I played shirtless at a show I not only had an incident with a stick but a lump broke off my crash, got hit with my hand while I was going to hit the snare and it shot towards my stomach and went in me. I not have a nice 1/2 scar from a self inflicted stab wound.

I have so many more stories about sticks and cymbals I could just go on and on and on but I don't want to bore everyone to death!!!

Drummerforlife

Try this on for size... Be in the middle of a song and have both sticks break. One hitting the director, and the other bouncing off a bass drum and landing into a tuba. Million-in-one shot.... Neither ppl involved were to happy bout it.