Brilliant Sabian AAXplosion 19" As My Main Crash?

Ludwig24

I've bought every Cymbal that I need for now except for one of the most important.......my main crash........and I was wondering if this would be great or if anyone has any better suggestions please let me know. (Stay Sabian if at all possible but if some other line has a Crash that is unmatched please tell me.) Thanks!

SGarrett

I play a fair split between my 18" and 19" crashes. Generally, I use the cymbal with the best tone for a given part.

Ludwig24

Both AAXplosions? I bought a 16" Rock Crash for a varied sound sometimes and I'll most likely be getting an 18" AA Metal-X Crash but I need one for main or a lot of the playing and I wasn't sure if the xplosions were the way to go.

EDIT: And is the Chad Smith Signature Crash worth while as a major Crash because I'm pretty sure I can get a nice deal on one.

anavrinIV

i have an 18" aaxplosion and i cannot say enough good about it. ive played one 19" and didnt like it as much but it wasnt a bad cymbal at all, just not my taste...too big and loud. if youre using this as an all around crash a 17" or 18" would probably do a little better than a 19" but size isnt the biggest issue, sound is and aaxplosions sound amazing.

SGarrett

Ludwig24":3g8z4444 said:
Both AAXplosions? I bought a 16" Rock Crash for a varied sound sometimes and I'll most likely be getting an 18" AA Metal-X Crash but I need one for main or a lot of the playing and I wasn't sure if the xplosions were the way to go.

EDIT: And is the Chad Smith Signature Crash worth while as a major Crash because I'm pretty sure I can get a nice deal on one.
I use my 16" XPlosion maybe half as much as the 19" XPlosion and 18" Metal Crash. Generally I use it for quieter parts where a big cymbal would be over-kill or along with one of the other two. With the two big crashes, I use both of them...a lot. Sometimes it depends on where my hands already are for economy of motion and sometimes it depends on which one will sound better for a part. I guess the 18" Metal would be my main crash though, since it's closer to the hats and I play those a lot more often than I play the ride. The Chad crash is a great cymbal if you want both a big cymbal and a higher pitch.