Bosphorus Antique?....or Istanbul Sultan

veklynvhyz

Personally i prefer bosphorus to any kind of cymbal and only bc they make everything by hand, so having something custom made for me is not a huge deal.

Shalaq

Istanbul Agop and Istanbul Mehmet are also hand-made cymbals. I personally love the Agop sultan jazz rides... For Bosphorus I'd go with the Stanton Moore series or New Orleans- as far as Turks, Antiques etc go, I think Agop has higher quality cymbals.

veklynvhyz

Shalaq":1sq5j6lq said:
Istanbul Agop and Istanbul Mehmet are also hand-made cymbals. I personally love the Agop sultan jazz rides... For Bosphorus I'd go with the Stanton Moore series or New Orleans- as far as Turks, Antiques etc go, I think Agop has higher quality cymbals.
Explain!!

Shalaq

I don't know... I think they're more responsive and fuller sounding as far as high and low tone presence. But that's just my ear :]. You have to listen yourself for that perfect pie.

Dusteroo

I've been a Paiste user for the longest time, but I must say, Bosphorous, Istanbul, or any of the true Turkish-made cymbals are awesome. I like the fact that they're handmade, and every single one has it's own unique sound.

Anybody heard fo Stagg cymbals? I got a ride by them recently, it's dark-colored, has dark overtones, but is pingy ~ sounds amazing.

tchfunkta

Shalaq":1cafnklc said:
My favorite turk is the Bosphorus, especially the Masters Turk, because it's thinner and less pingy, but that's how I like my cymbals being pretty jazz oriented.

tchfunkta

Dusteroo":257iidmr said:
Anybody heard fo Stagg cymbals? I got a ride by them recently, it's dark-colored, has dark overtones, but is pingy ~ sounds amazing.

I know a guy who has an unlathed Stagg too, it's REALLY heavy but it sounds awesome!