Bosphorus and Zildjian

Miron

Hi people!
I would like to ask you a few questions about cymbals. In my country (Serbia) we have very cheap Bosphorus cymbals. I heard that those cymbals in America cost up to 500 $ per cymbal,and I am able to by them for 200 Euros per cymbal,maximum. But I there are not to many players with these cymbals so I can not be sure wich one to buy. I am big fan of Zildjian sound,and I don't like Sabian at all,for me those cymbals have no caracter...
I would also like to know who do you feel about new Zildjian series ZHT?

scrubs

Bosphorus has sound samples on their website. While each individual cymbal will sound different, the samples will give you an idea of what to expect from a particular model. http://www.bosphoruscymbals.com/cymbals.html

Your choice will depend on the style(s) of music you play and personal taste. Bosphorus are popular among jazz players. I would personally stay away from the ZHT, especially if you have access to Bosphorus cymbals so cheap.

Shalaq

Try to reach a dealer in your country or find a music store that has loads of Bosphorus. Listen to as much of them as possible and find the ones that suit you. I would try to reach the dealer and ask if I can do a soundcheck of the cymbals.

scrubs

Here are some more sounds, but Shalaq is right, it would be best to play them in person and/or talk to someone who is knowledgeable about their different lines. I don't have any direct experience with Bosphorus, but I like the samples I've heard.

http://www.cymbalsonly.com/

lil-lloydy

yea i'v got a set of Bosphorus cymbals and there really good so far i'v only hade them for about 3 weeks but there going well so far but the only one bad thing about them is u have to find a way of hitting them coz i was hitting them hard nd didnt like them but them i hit them abit softer nd there awsome there powerful when they want to be nd a nice wash sound on um for when your doing slower songs

i hade 14 hi-hats 17 crash 19 crash 22 ride at a cost of 450 pounds

Miron

lil-lloydy":3kkivg63 said:
yea i'v got a set of Bosphorus cymbals and there really good so far i'v only hade them for about 3 weeks but there going well so far but the only one bad thing about them is u have to find a way of hitting them coz i was hitting them hard nd didnt like them but them i hit them abit softer nd there awsome there powerful when they want to be nd a nice wash sound on um for when your doing slower songs

i hade 14 hi-hats 17 crash 19 crash 22 ride at a cost of 450 pounds
Yeah,and what series...traditional,gold,or something else...