Black Stone Cherry

zerodogma

Just an FYI for those who have never heard them.

If you haven't had a chance, check them out (official web at blackstonecherry.com )! The drummers name is John Fred Young. I have been grooving to this for weeks now and can't get enough... true groove... true groove... bobbing my head at every song... enjoy!

TheYardstick

I really like their drummer's style, since they first hit the radio waves I have heard only two songs, Rain Wizard and Lonely Train.

But, so far I like what I hear from them.

Crash101

yeah hes really good, he said he cant play double bass, and he cant play with a click track either, but he sounds pretty solid to me

Scott_Hurford

Is it just me or does John Fred Young look almost identical to Ilan Rubin, the touring drummer for Lostprophets?
I mean, they both have the same set-up, same hair, same face, and they both play with the same type of playing style :? haha is it just me who noticed? :eek:

And i personally like the band, not a bad listen :!:

TheYardstick

Crash101":398kvblr said:
yeah hes really good, he said he cant play double bass, and he cant play with a click track either, but he sounds pretty solid to me
What exactly is a click track?

zerodogma

TheYardstick":3qjdnq5t said:
Read here. I was just in the studio (for the first time) last Saturday and attempted to use a click. I didn't have too much of a problem with it, but it seemed to kill the entire groove of the song... meaning that it ended up making me sound "mechanical". The engineer said that we were completely tight enough with our tempo to record without a click, and so far the tracks are coming out great. I will definitely start practicing more with a click/metronome... you never know when you will have to use a click, and it never hurts to have another tool in the bag!

Kaos

I can play with aclick track if I have to but the rest of the band can't it fucks my guitar plays all kinds of ways so we usually don't

Crash101

zerodogma":1xdel3pp said:
TheYardstick":1xdel3pp said:
Read here. I was just in the studio (for the first time) last Saturday and attempted to use a click. I didn't have too much of a problem with it, but it seemed to kill the entire groove of the song... meaning that it ended up making me sound "mechanical". The engineer said that we were completely tight enough with our tempo to record without a click, and so far the tracks are coming out great. I will definitely start practicing more with a click/metronome... you never know when you will have to use a click, and it never hurts to have another tool in the bag!
yeah i know how that is, you just have to get so used to it through practice, that you can push and pull the groove within the tempo of the click