Bittner at DRT

EOTE_drummer

wow that is very impressive!! how did you get a big name like that? i wanted to go just to see some friendly online faces.

zen_drummer

EOTE_drummer":14e0gza0 said:
wow that is very impressive!! how did you get a big name like that? i wanted to go just to see some friendly online faces.
It takes two things... The balls to ask (thanks Andy) and the cash to back up the invite!

So... why can't you go?

DrumsPlus

Thanks Zen. I was just lucky enough to have talked to Jason before this, so it was a little easier. I really hope to see everyone there. I'm driving in 14 hours to this event. I wouldn't miss this one.

stump

DrumsPlus":2y68fwnq said:
Thanks Zen. I was just lucky enough to have talked to Jason before this, so it was a little easier. I really hope to see everyone there. I'm driving in 14 hours to this event. I wouldn't miss this one.
Hey Andy would it not be cheaper for you to fly? I was going to drive 15 hours but got round trip for $193.00. Bookingbuddy.com. Might be easier for you. Just a thought. See you there. P.O.Y!

DrumsPlus

It was $200 to drive and then $250 each ticket and I have two people going. My wife is coming along with me, it's our anniversary.

DrumsPlus

dbkman":2arlddpd said:
that sucks I can't go man, I'll be fightin fire!
That really does suck. I was looking forward to meeting you first hand. If you do get a chance to come, I hope you do. Stay safe man.

EOTE_drummer

zen_drummer":3m5nwmai said:
EOTE_drummer":3m5nwmai said:
It takes two things... The balls to ask (thanks Andy) and the cash to back up the invite!

So... why can't you go?
i live in Oklahoma, which is a considerable way their. i am only 17, i would end up dead, lost, or stranded if i drove. and plane tickets aren't easy. and i seriously doubt my parents would let me go to new york by myself... and there would be nobody that would want to go with me.

Manzo

I live on the island, i got a meet that day so I prob can't go. this gives me like 10x more reason to try and go.

god damn, I want to go so bad.

b b253

EOTE_drummer":26hdyb8m said:
zen_drummer":26hdyb8m said:
EOTE_drummer":26hdyb8m said:

So... why can't you go?
i live in Oklahoma, which is a considerable way their. i am only 17, i would end up dead, lost, or stranded if i drove. and plane tickets aren't easy. and i seriously doubt my parents would let me go to new york by myself... and there would be nobody that would want to go with me.
dang thats a bummer. :( im tring to talk my uncle into taking me.

DrumsPlus

EOTE_drummer":3mg8h5ix said:
zen_drummer":3mg8h5ix said:
EOTE_drummer":3mg8h5ix said:

So... why can't you go?
Talk to your parents, you never know until you try. As a parent, I've always wanted to support my kids anyway I can, so it never hurts to ask.

Stump, Found some tickets around $200 so maybe flying in now.

Brother_Bong

Manzo":3tc6oqcj said:
I live on the island, i got a meet that day so I prob can't go. this gives me like 10x more reason to try and go.

god damn, I want to go so bad.
Dude, postpone the meet with your dad, he'll understand. Hook up with xdoseonex, he's out your way and I REALLY want you guys there! Man, with dose there, I can say one of the fastest drummers in the WORLD will be attending! Haha, only if he says I can.

stump

DrumsPlus":5li4r4u0 said:
EOTE_drummer":5li4r4u0 said:
zen_drummer":5li4r4u0 said:
EOTE_drummer":5li4r4u0 said:

So... why can't you go?
Talk to your parents, you never know until you try. As a parent, I've always wanted to support my kids anyway I can, so it never hurts to ask.

Stump, Found some tickets around $200 so maybe flying in now.
Awesome Bro! I found it to be alot cheaper than driving! Can't wait! P.O.Y!

zen_drummer

Yup, these excuses are just that... excuses!

We have a chance to make something monumental happen here. Sure, 10 or 12 DML members in the same place will be cool, but 50 would really be saying something. Next year, maybe 100 or even more.

But for now, we have to put the objections and excuses aside and decide that this can really be something and WE all started it!

We are a community and our strength is our numbers. If we can all get on the same page... carpool, share rooms, etcetera, this isn't really a very expensive weekend (for you guys anyway)

I took my Son to Disney when he was younger, it cost one HELL of a lot more money than any of you guys would have to spend to get here... but I did it because every kid should have a crack at goofy and the mouse. I guaranfreekintee you that he's going to get more out of seeing Bittners clinic than he got out of Orlando Ratland.

You young folks out there, you have a birthday some time this year... tell your folks you want to be in Rochester in June for your present! :D