Biggest kit you've ever seen?

Johnny Cat

Lancelot Frosty":1hpqfuj8 said:
Biggest I've seen is Bozzio's.
I'm just wondering if someone's tried making something bigger than that.
Biggest kit I've ever seen is probably Bozzio's though there was a picture in the Guiness Book of World Records of what was supposed to be the World's Largest Drum Kit. It was gigantic, but it's been forever since I saw it and I can't find a picture. Not sure now really if it was bigger than Terry's or not.

mrgreenjeans2234

well.. i dont know if this counts.
but when i attended college way back when. one day when we got way bored out of our ever loving minds. sombody got a brillant idea saying lets just build a huge drumset. so we go into all the practice rooms. storage. band rooms. ect took any and all drum related equipment we could find. and we just built.
haha it took awhile we built a contraption with i think it was 19 some odd bass. most of which being drumset bass but we did use 2 concert bass and 5 marching bass's. but we had trillion of cymbals and as more toms than you can find in a phonebook (haha get it. nvm). but ironicly only like 6 snares. 2 marching and the rest being either concert or set.
i have a picture of it lying around here somwhere. we all got to play it for awhile and made it into a contest. because even though it looked like a drumset it was crazy hard to play.
haha good times.

Johnny Cat

Blitzer135":j9inc6bu said:
can anyone get me a pic of bozios kit?
Sure. Here ya go!

You can't really the kicks very well, but he's got 6 of them. 18 toms on the left tuned chromatically (this means the pitch intervals are semi-tones, giving him a full octave and a half with 18 ), and 12 floor toms tuned diatonically, either major or minor scale, depending on what mood he's in.

His cymbals he plays in a similar fashion, along with his cup chimes and various other percussion on the kit. I attended one of is clinics, and boy was that a treat! All drum music, nothing else.

Rockula!

mrgreenjeans2234":w6zgc720 said:
well.. i dont know if this counts.
but when i attended college way back when. one day when we got way bored out of our ever loving minds. sombody got a brillant idea saying lets just build a huge drumset. so we go into all the practice rooms. storage. band rooms. ect took any and all drum related equipment we could find. and we just built.
haha it took awhile we built a contraption with i think it was 19 some odd bass. most of which being drumset bass but we did use 2 concert bass and 5 marching bass's. but we had trillion of cymbals and as more toms than you can find in a phonebook (haha get it. nvm). but ironicly only like 6 snares. 2 marching and the rest being either concert or set.
i have a picture of it lying around here somwhere. we all got to play it for awhile and made it into a contest. because even though it looked like a drumset it was crazy hard to play.
haha good times.
I think every kid who had drumming friends did a similar thing
We only managed to get 2 or 3 kits together in my neighborhood

DrumFiend0206

Amount of drums wise, would definitely have to be bozzios. But drum size it would have to be Vinnie Pauls.

I'm pretty sure his setup is

(2)24x24 Bass Drums
14x14 Rack Tom
15x15 Rack Tom
18x18 Floor Tom
and 14x8 Snare Drum