best snare sound

Bluestonered

seandude":hw2y6poy said:
of all time

metalica st.anger jk
Hey mate... are you trying to start a 23 page fued or something? You must be new, so let me fill you in..... THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM DO NOT LIKE THE SOUND OF THE SNARE ON ST ANGER...MANY A THREAD HAS BEEN SWARMED WITH STUPID BACK AND FORTH BANTER!!!! So I really don't care either way, im indifferent. An Australian band called Powderfinger used this type of drum sound on their album Double Allergic in 1994, so its nothing new to me... while to cuts through... it also induces an involuntary headache after sustained exposure!

seandude

Bluestonered":2p0ef7o1 said:
seandude":2p0ef7o1 said:
of all time

metalica st.anger jk
Hey mate... are you trying to start a 23 page fued or something? You must be new, so let me fill you in..... THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM DO NOT LIKE THE SOUND OF THE SNARE ON ST ANGER...MANY A THREAD HAS BEEN SWARMED WITH STUPID BACK AND FORTH BANTER!!!! So I really don't care either way, im indifferent. An Australian band called Powderfinger used this type of drum sound on their album Double Allergic in 1994, so its nothing new to me... while to cuts through... it also induces an involuntary headache after sustained exposure!

1/ i said jk
2/ ive been here longer than you

chill

Don't offend other users. Chill out.
Shalaq

chris_stuff_er

i was just thinking and listening today about the killer drum sound on Weezer's "Pinkerton."

Anyone else love this record as much as I do?

mute

chris_stuff_er":3mwviyrm said:
i was just thinking and listening today about the killer drum sound on Weezer's "Pinkerton."

yes, i love that album as much as you do. actually, the blue album, too. the overall sound of both really just fit the mood of the albums, in my opinion. but now i have to go and listen to the drums specifically. but again, pinkerton=great album.

mute

i'm inclined to say Propagandhi's "Less Talk, More Rock."

it's a unique sound that i've always liked. also, great album.

chris_stuff_er

mute":a6sxzxym said:
chris_stuff_er":a6sxzxym said:

yes, i love that album as much as you do. actually, the blue album, too. the overall sound of both really just fit the mood of the albums, in my opinion. but now i have to go and listen to the drums specifically. but again, pinkerton=great album.
earlier today I found a forum that Weezer's very own Patrick Wilson actually responded on...and read a funny story about guitarist Brian Bell and a rehearsal canceled by a rogue piece of toast

http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index. ... msg_235100

Piddywiffle

PatternsInTheIvy":29mti7r8 said:
I am thoroughly convinced that no one likes good music now.
I still like good stuff. 8)

And as for the best snare sound? MINE! cause I just put a new remo emperor batter head on it and tuned it up all spiffy. Almost sounds like a sound some ppl would use for a trigger :lol:

But obviously i'll never get my heads tuned "computer" good, but it still is impressive. :evil:

Eiren

Always like the snare sound on old school Sepultura records. Igor was a beast of a drummer. Spent most of my teenage years playing along to those records and trying to emulate the sound.

Danny Meazell

I like the Hand Hammered Bronze Black Panther a lot with the Weather King Batter Heads! That is just me. In fact I am saveing for one now!
Danny Meazell

earldrum

Bill Bruford's snare sound on Round-a-bout - from Yes's Fragile album. This is class high pitched, popping snare sound. Way before the piccolo snare craze of the late 1980's - early 90's.

It is a great sound. I think it is a Ludwig Superphonic cranked up. Awesome.

:D