best snare head combination....

kplante069

It's all subjective. I usually go with an emporer or ambassador, both coated, over an ambassador. That doesn't mean it will work for you. You have to find what sounds good to you. :)

SGarrett

I use a regular coated Aquarian single ply batter head and a Hi-Performance resonant head. Tuning all depends on what I'm doing.

Rob Crisp

I have Evans Hazy 300 on my two main snares right now, with HD Dry on top of one and a J1 Etched on the other.

another drum I have a Coated G2 batter on and the stock res, and my MM snare still has the Attack heads on it.

veggo32

Hi fellowdrummers I am niew to this forum, and looking forward to sharing drum related info. and vice versa.

Remo coated ambassador for batter.
Clear ambassador snare reso for resonant.
Bob Gatzen suggests tuning the reso to an A and the batter to a C or C#.
Personally I use A and C#.

mesa37018

it totally depends on the drummer and the drum i have a bunch of snares and none of them that i can think of have the same combo of heads

Alan_

remo ambassador or diplomat on snare side. usually ambassador.

right now I have an aquarian new orleans special on the top, but I usually use a coated emperor.

Homki890

It used to be Remo White Max with a Falam K on the bottom, but now it's Evans Hybrid with the Hybrid Reso or Falam II on the bottom.

Oh, my bad, wrong genre. :mrgreen:

Homki890

Thorsteinn

jnewlon_drum":3ojfhcob said:
remo emporer X w/ reverse dot for the batter head...and an evans EC reso head
thats my fav
I´m not sure Evans makes the EC Reso for snares. Do you use a 13" tom reso for the snare then?

AmnestysLowEnd

Thorsteinn":124sjwwt said:
jnewlon_drum":124sjwwt said:
remo emporer X w/ reverse dot for the batter head...and an evans EC reso head
thats my fav
I´m not sure Evans makes the EC Reso for snares. Do you use a 13" tom reso for the snare then?
wait what?! thats got to be sooo dry and yeah I pretty sure is the 10 mil tom reso. Your killing soooo much body thats got to sound boxy.

Thorsteinn

I actually tried putting a clear ambassador tom head on the bottom of a 6,5 Pearl Export steel snare with a coated Ambassador top. Got a really dry, weird sound. The best part was though that it didn´t sound too far from Alex Van Halens´ snare sound.

Any comments on that particular sound? :)

dannycareyisgod

well personally, i'm more of an Evans follower. So if you're looking for Evans heads, definitely get the Hazy 300 for your resonant (snare side), and either an Evans G2 coated, or Power Center for the batter head.