motley crue-shout at the devil
the police-ghost in the machine
janes addiction-ritual de lo habitual
smashing pumpkins-siamese dream
pink floyd-dark side of the moon
joe satriani-flying in a blue dream
I haven't had the chance to do this in a very long time. When I played along to music, my favorite was Dream Theater's Awake album. I could, at one time, play it note for note in time. haha If I tried today, I know I'd fail miserably. Life on the road just doesn't allow drummers to practice. Doesn't that suck?
Pink Floyd- Dark Side of The Moon
Led Zeppelin- (Any song)
Lifehouse- Hanging By a Moment
Black Label Society- Suicide Messiah
Alice In Chains- Man In The Box
Flogging Molly- Devil's Dance Floor
Lamb of God- Blood of the Scribe
A Perfect Circle- Judith
Staind- It's Been a While
The Who- My Generation
Def Leppard- Photograph
Free- All Right Now
Those are just some of my favorites to play along to.
Chicago - Chicago Transit Authority, Chicago II, Chicago III, Chicago V, Chicago VII
Deep Purple - Made in Japan
Beck, Bogert & Appice
Doobie Brothers - Captain & Me
Deodato - Prelude, Deodato 2
Ohio Players - Fire, Skin Tight
C&C Music Factory - Gonna Make You Sweat
Al Jarreau - L Is For Lover
Basia - Basia On Broadway
Jamiroquai - Travelling Without Moving
Seems like in our iTunes generation there's more focus on individual songs than the album as a whole
Charles (above) those are all great albums
(except for that 'c&c anything 4 money and to help
destroy "music" factory')
My fav's can not have boring parts or long parts w/no drums.
(not saying i am great, just do not want to sit there and practice
rudiments whilst waiting for a certain part).
Albums, difficult to list but here are some I am guilty of playing (or
trying to play) the whole way through:
1. Porcupine Tree- "In Absentia" (and "stupid dream")
2. Chicago greatest hits.
3. rush- test for echo & moving pictures & hold your fire & ....
4. toto- "IV" & greatest hits.
5. Marillion- "Misplaced Childhood" (& 'brave' & 'marbles' & ...)
6. Iona- woven cord (& journey into the mourn)
7. Peter Gabriel- 'secret world live'
8. Dream Theater- six degrees (& awake/images/scenes/....)
9. Genesis- 'we can't dance', ...
10. d.matthews band- 'crash'.
11. Police- g-hits.
12. Tears 4 fears- 'elemental' & 'raule kings of spain'
1. Give blood- (pete townshend/d.gilmour/s.phillips/p.palidino)
2. sound of muzak- (porcupine tree)
3. fish out of water- tears 4 fears ("rosanna" type of feel)
4. Shiny Stockings!- (count basie vers.)
5. (Opening) big medley (Maynard Fergesun- live album)
6. Running on ice- billy joel (if you like Stewart copeland-listen)
7. Della Brown- queensryche
8. Detroit rock city - Kiss (kiss Alive 3 album vers. Eric Singer)
9. Avalon- john tesh
10. and of course 'fishheads' by barnes & barnes.
I drum to alot of random things.. any thing i like.. any thing travis barker.. i like his old stuff with the aquabats.. and i love any thing with carter beauford from dave matthews band.. and dennis chambers. i dont really like the rock legends so much cuz that would make me just like everyone else. I personally love to just play anything i cant play.. from metal to jazz.. i like to drum to latin music cuz its always interesting trying to fit in a beat with all the percussion going on.. trying to fit in but keep the style and stay out of the way.. its not easy.. great fun.
it's a very melodic progressive type of metal. check em out at www.myspace.com/miserysignals, or even download anything from that album. if you are open to the lighter side of metal, you might like these guys.