Best heads for a good low end metal sound?

I have a Pearl Export by the way.

I have had my Evans Hydraulics for about 9 months and I think its time for replacement heads. What would you guys recommend?

I'd prefer evans, as I tried the Pinstripes 2 years ago and I didn't like the sound I got from them. I was thinking either evans Hydraulic Glass heads again or EC2 heads. What would be good for that nice low end sound? I don't want anything that resonates too much or is far too bright for metal.

pow3rtr1p

I use Aquarian Performance IIs, and they have great low end punch with plenty of resonance, without getting muddy. I would definitely look into those if you are willing to use something other than Evans. If not, perhaps some g2s? I don't know if they're necessarily the best for metal, but all kinds of people use them, so they have to be pretty dang good.

Call me Gideon

ImmolatedSeraphim":2bc943dw said:
I'd prefer evans, as I tried the Pinstripes 2 years ago and I didn't like the sound I got from them.
PDP9000":2bc943dw said:
Try the Remo pinstripe heads i have used thoes
for all my shows and recordings.
People really need to read threads before posting. :roll:

I dont play metal but my toms sounded sick with the Evans Hydraulics. I know you already tried them but, if you're happy with the sound they had, I would just buy another set of those. I'm using EC2s now and while they give a nice warm sound they don't provide particulary deep tones.