Best Hardware

Johnny Cat

I think the best hardware is made by Tama and DW, in terms of stands, holders, clamps, and all kinds of other cool toys like that. Rock solid, and so many options.

Tama Air-ride stand is by far the best snare stand on the market in my opinion. :)

SuNoAnBuKi

I use Pearl's 800 series stands and they get the job done. If I could afford DW's top of the line equipment though, I'd go with that.

galgano16

i have old pacific, new pdp, mapex, pearl, and tama cymbal stands and 2 gibraltor boom arms and clamps, and they all treat me well, i hav no true perference when it comes 2 hardware just as long as it is very durable and sturdy and holds up very well

AmnestysLowEnd

I like Pearl, TAMA, Yamaha, and Gibraltar hardware best. DW makes nice stands but are too pricey. They can run as much as the cymbal you are going to mount with it!!!! I have a lot of PdP but I am starting to get annoyed with them the booms gears ware out and start to slip within a year :evil: .

phil-drummer

for sturdiness and clever thinking im gona say pearl as i play pearl . BUT not everyone can be arsed to lug round a massive boom stand for a splash cymbal. so i would say yamaha do sum pretty guud skinny stand for quite gud prices and ther not that shit either.

Solix

SuNoAnBuKi":hrh7sf9g said:
If I could afford DW's top of the line equipment though, I'd go with that.
Amen.

Of my current (rather mixed) hardware, I like my Tama products best.

screamkevin":hrh7sf9g said:
Nobody is the "best", but I prefer Gibraltar racks and stands.
I don't mean to rip directly on you, Kevin, but I can't help but wonder why this phrase seems to show up in every thread that involves the word "best." I understand that in the world of drumming, everything is about preference, but you all know that when people say "best," they mean "what you like best." Once again, not to rip on you, but it seems like some similar posts are meant to make the original poster look like an idiot.

screamkevin

Solix":1a3d59k2 said:
SuNoAnBuKi":1a3d59k2 said:
screamkevin":1a3d59k2 said:
Nobody is the "best", but I prefer Gibraltar racks and stands.
I don't mean to rip directly on you, Kevin, but I can't help but wonder why this phrase seems to show up in every thread that involves the word "best." I understand that in the world of drumming, everything is about preference, but you all know that when people say "best," they mean "what you like best." Once again, not to rip on you, but it seems like some similar posts are meant to make the original poster look like an idiot.
It's simple, Solix. The word "best" is purely subjective, and it drives me absolutely batty when it's inferred that one product is superior to another. It's just simply not true. Period. For example, I personally would never play Ludwig or Sonor drums. I don't prefer them. But I'll never say that they make a poor product, because they don't. They are both fine instruments, well engineered and well-concieved. But I prefer to use Yamahas. That's my preference. I don't think Yamaha is the "best", I just prefer them.

In my experience, it's mostly the younger generation that is driven for some reason to define things as the "best", i.e. Joey Jordison is the "best" metal drummer, or Travis Barker is the "best" punk drummer or whatever. It's just not true. No matter who the biggest, baddest dog on the block is, there's a bigger, badder dog lurking somewhere that nobody has heard of yet. Go back 5 years in drumming. Who was the clinician that made everyone's jaws drop with 4-way independence and pure speed? Mike Mangini. Flash forward to today. Who seemingly came out of nowhere to display chops at least equal to, if not surpassing Mangini? Thomas Lang, Marco Minneman, Benny Greb, Johnny Rabb, and many others we haven't even heard of yet.

Just chalk it up to my mild OCD. But I stand by my statement. Nothing is "best", especially in the world of drums and percussion. Sorry if I offend you, but that's the way I see it. *shrugs*

insaneshayne

I've been really happy with Pearl hardware of late. Their snare stands are off the hook. DW makes some good stuff as well, but not a fan of their hi-hat stand....the spring in the 9000 wasn't strong enough to hold up a set of 14" Sabian El Sabor hats (very thick) so I went with a Pearl and it's great!
I would heartily advise against pretty much anything Gibraltar makes though. It costs less because it's made cheaply out of crap materials. Before I finally got some new stuff I broke 4 boom arms, one leg (yeah, just snapped in half) and stripped out numerous clamps on the stands. I think I broke every possible part of the last pedal of theirs I had before switching to a DW5000 and then the 9000 about 5 years ago..... (The Gibraltar rep (or technically Kaman) actually wrote me a check for the cost of the pedal even though it was out of warranty because he felt so bad about the piece of crap....)
You get what you pay for in the world of hardware for the most part. Pay more, break less.