Best drum, lowest price

Leonidas

What's the best overall set I can get for the LOWEST possible price? I'm looking into drums, know nothing about it, any help apprecieated.

Atmerrill

Leonidas":2k8215fg said:
What's the best overall set I can get for the LOWEST possible price? I'm looking into drums, know nothing about it, any help apprecieated.
If you're looking for a cheap set, than go for the prettiest cheap set you can find...manufacturer won't make much of a difference. You get what you pay for....

Have the seller put some decent heads on it for you. It won't make it a better kit, it'll just be a cheap set with decent heads. That's what a lot of the folks here have done....they seem happy with the results.

Have fun.

Howepirate

Leonidas":3ip3gsjh said:
ebay
ebay
ebay.

Just become a savvy ebay user and you'll get used but still golden gear for much much less.

SGarrett

Too subjective. How much are you looking to spend? "As little as possible" doesn't really help. That may be $300 for you but $3000 for the next guy.

Howie's on point with eBay though, also check CraigsList.org.

NG1284

Ebay for sure. Be very careful with Craigslist though.

As far as new sets though, the ones that notoriously give "the best bang for the buck" are the Yamaha Rydeen and Mapex QR. Higher than those, you get what you pay for.

Nessmaster

I know that craigslist is usually a pretty good source. I see used drum sets (4-5 piece) for a pretty cheap price (according to my standards) of $250-$350 being advertised all the time.