best double pedal on the market?

tomeleefan

everyone have fun. I just got the dw 9000, I love it but I won't lie that I have liked the axis models as well. lets see what everyone says.

TheYardstick

It depends on eprsonal preference, my friend and I prefer heavier pedals like the DW4000 because we seem to have more control with it, but if you want to play as fast as you can go with the Axis pedals.

RILY!

I have a Tama iron cobra flexi glide double pedal
and i love it, allot of people prefer the Dw's 9000
but ive tried them out and didnt like it much
its all personal preference though

m

for me, Axis A's

RILY!":tdjrozjv said:
a lot of people prefer the Dw's 9000
but ive tried them out and didnt like it much
huh, I thought I was the only one who wasn't comfortable with the 9000s.
I was starting to feel lonely!

anavrinIV

i love my cobras. theyre not nearly as heavy as many people would have you believe and theyre solid as anything on the market. ive never seen an iron cobra with a broken pedal board...but i personally saw a guy bring in 4 pedals to a store, all with broken footboards...2 dw 5000s, 1 dw 9000, 1 eliminator. ive never heard a broken cobra like that.

i personally have a hard time playing on dw 9000s, axis, or anything of the like because im a very big person and feel like i have no control over those pedals. cobras are perfect for me.

PDP9000

i have uesd the axis and there very good for going hella fast but if your short on money cause they are very expensive i would buy the dw-5000 or dw 7000 double pedals :D

Potatoe Snack

i have a iron cobra and it works fine with me. its broken many times but it was all repairable and i got it almost 5 years ago. i could never get down with those axis pedals...they're so damn expensive and feel funny.

drummert2k

i've been using the same iron cobra pedal for over 6 years now and NEVER had even the slightest little problem. you have to basically straight up abuse your gear for these to break. so basically if you have even the smallest concept of foot technique then the only chances of these breaking is getting the 1 in 200000000 defective ones from the factory

Howepirate

drummert2k":12152rny said:
i've been using the same iron cobra pedal for over 6 years now and NEVER had even the slightest little problem. you have to basically straight up abuse your gear for these to break. so basically if you have even the smallest concept of foot technique then the only chances of these breaking is getting the 1 in 200000000 defective ones from the factory
Hmm mine broke often as well and the slave wouldnt hold its spot and the beaters would go loose. I dont beat with my feet ever because bass heads are quite expensive and i never gigged or recorded or anything with em just extensive practicing with band and solo but they didnt like me and i dont like them lolz

CANNIBAL

axis longboard, raise the footboard by 2 spacers and sonic hammers and you will fall in love. People are saying trick are decent which they are but i prefer axis and trick is just overly over priced at $800 for a set. I mean$500 isn;t much better but even if your playing slower music or what not the axis is still amazing

Kaos

ive had dw 5000's and 9000's I like both but hard and complicated to dial in but once you do there both great. I then decided I need the axis longboard double pedal there easy to adjust but hard to play the feel funny to me I played on them of 6 months every day for 2 hours and just never did get a feel for them. I went back to dw5000s and sold the axis. then I triied out the eliminators my land those have got to be the most horrible pedals on the market the react terribly and move around too much. Needless to say I made MF honor their 45 day try it out policy. I then triied some iron cobras. and I must say they are the most responsive pedels Ive ever played. my double pedeling inpoved over night I sold everything else and played on them eve since. recently I triied out some yamaha flying dragons the direct drive version and Ill tell ya they are awesome I mean they adjust easyly then are so smooth I mean too smooth. they play faster than me. I can't get control of them but they are awesome so I don't think Im gonna keep them. So after all that rambling I thing Im gonna vote for the cobra's as the best pedel out there plus they have a life time warrenty so when they do break down the parts are replacable for free + a little shipping. shipping is never more than 4 to 6 bucks.

iron cobra all the way.

it may sound stupid, but i thought the pearl elim. had TOO many options. pedals don't need to be that flippin' complicated.

the 9000s are way over rated and way over priced. just sold my single pedal.