best aspects about your favorite drummers...

Metaldrummer89

i wanted to see what other people think is the best quality of their favorite drummers. basically why their your favorite drummer.

Marco Minnemann - Probably the most technical drummer in the world.

Virgil Donati - Most creative drummer i've ever heard.

Thomas Lang - his use and mastery of dynamics is sick.

All very versatile drummers.

SGarrett

Lars Ulrich - Plays with passion and plays parts that fit the song over being highly technical.

Josh Freese - Stank-ass groove. He also works live for six months and in the studio for six months of every year, as a first call player.

Homki890

Steve Gadd--The Groove Master. He's the best, and i hold that no one can lay a groove as tasty as he can.

Howepirate

Derek Roddy- Disgustingly versatile through a lot of genre's.

Gavin Harrison- Madd groove and madd chill, he flows through the music very well.

George Kollias- Insane speed and consistancy

Metaldrummer89

Howepirate":2mki9i5v said:

Gavin Harrison- Madd groove and madd chill, he flows through the music very well.

your a big nile and sickening horror fan arn't you? =)

Howepirate

Metaldrummer89":1i4cwa8m said:
Howepirate":1i4cwa8m said:

I actually like Hate Eternal much better but Niles pretty kick ass haha.

BillRayDrums

Metaldrummer89":11ty7v02 said:
Howepirate":11ty7v02 said:

My favorite drummer is 7 years old and can barely hold a beat, but in his mind he holds the dream of being a big rockstar.

From the outside looking out, I look towards making him proud of me, and also using my talent to get better and better gigs so that he can grow up and pursue whatever inroads he lays for himself as he's hanging out with dad and his degenerate musician pals. My kid drives me to be successful. I guess you have to be a parent to understand that.

In other words, my kid will probably start gigging out at an early age. Santa daddy is bringing him a geetar for Christmas. He's already got his snarl together. :)

Atmerrill

Buddy Rich - His pursuit of excellence - it made me want to keep raising the bar
Louie Bellson: His humanity, his overall musicianship, and the way players were inspired by him to put out their very best.

peripsy

Howepirate":32dd0hj2 said:
Metaldrummer89":32dd0hj2 said:
Howepirate":32dd0hj2 said:

I actually like Hate Eternal much better but Niles pretty kick ass haha.
Ι don't listen to this kind of music but i watch a clinic of george kollias here in greece.He is amazing AND CLEAN.

Rob Crisp

Ahhh this is hard, I keep changing it.

Ok, Dom Howard from Muse. Just think he plays exactly what is required. Thomas Lang.... what a work ethic. Buddy Rich... I just get drawn in completely when I hear him.

rufus4dagruv

The drummers that most inspire me are the ones with an amazing sense of touch. Brian Blade, Bill Stewart, Peter Erskine....the list goes on.

Airborne Ranger

Chris Layton - my favorite drummer because he has such a great feel, and is so musical.
Phill Rudd - Solid timekeeping and a very meat & potatoes drummer.
Jon Fishman - great feel and ability to blend many styles into Phish's music
Jimmy Chamberlin - has a sound all his own and great technique

wanglegacy

buddy rich - you gotta go for this guy all the way. i love it when people play that good with such simple sets,
and he played well into his 60s and stuff, damnnnnnnn hahaa

break the prism

Gavin Harrison - his creativity and smoothness even in the strangest of meters, as well as his ability to make complicated fills sound so clean.

Steve Gadd - he can play anything better than you can.

Mitch Mitchell - his incorporation of jazz sensibility into rock drumming energy

Ed Blackwell - for being able to swing in 11/8

MikeRowland

There are some guys that just have that 'sound', the kind you can instantly recognize anywhere, regardless of the song or group. Some of my favorites: Stewart Copeland, John Bonham, Jimmy Chamberlin, and Steve Gadd come to mind. You don't have to know the song, but you can always tell who's behind the kit. That is my ultimate goal: to have a sound and style that others can recognize.

rufus4dagruv

Airborne Ranger":3u86j4a3 said:
Chris Layton - my favorite drummer because he has such a great feel, and is so musical.
Phill Rudd - Solid timekeeping and a very meat & potatoes drummer.
Jon Fishman - great feel and ability to blend many styles into Phish's music
Jimmy Chamberlin - has a sound all his own and great technique
Awesome list. I have tremendous amounts of respect for all of these guys.