BASSDRUM RESONANT HEADS

Damagedrummer

Heey All,

I'm about to buy two black bassdrum resonant heads, and I would like to hear your opinions on wich I should buy. The only thing that is fixed is that they have to be black. But I just would like to hear what you think are great reso-heads and why. I play metal mostly and have two 24" bassdrums with remo pinstripe batterheads.

Thanks in advance, I take everyones opions very serious!

loop

Go for Aquarian Regulators. Best kick resos I've used so far. Thanks to them you can control the sound just as much as you want with your drums unmuffled

Rockula!

I think Aquarian should kiss the feet of the Metal God
They have produced the perfect head for metal guys and I imagine that regulator and super kick models are now considered the standard for metal
As long as people want that compressed, ultra dampened bass drum sound where you can hear every single clicky note then Aquarian will have plenty of sales

Damagedrummer

Heey Thanks alot for the replies guys! I'll be sure to check out those regulators. Are there any simular heads, with the same kind of sound? From Aquarian or any brand. Because maybe the music shop doesn't have those heads, or can't somehow get them or whatever, i'll have a back-up.

Thanks in advance!

Greets, rick

anavrinIV

evans eq3 is a pretty standard reso head, and the emad is supposed to be very nice but ive heard some problems concerning the foam ring. you can get the eq3 preported too.

Eiren

Evans EMAD/Aquarian Superkick II are pretty much the same beast. Not too much to differentiate them.

PaulZILLA

The aquarian regulator is the best reso head ive used, ported or not, but ify ou want it ported, get the factory ported model. the emad reso is ok. but nothin compares to regulator. and i use it when i play jazz/hip-hop, and even death/speed metal, so its versatile if you tune it right