Bass Head Question

Brian L

Well I've been using the powestroke 3 for awhile now, and its great. but I was thinking about getting all Evans heads for my next kit. What Evans bass drum heads are there? should i stay with the powerstroke?

skitch

Brian L":2zj0v1ug said:
Well I've been using the powestroke 3 for awhile now, and its great. but I was thinking about getting all Evans heads for my next kit. What Evans bass drum heads are there? should i stay with the powerstroke?
I think that th EQ1 is the Evans equivalent for a Powerstroke 3. Single ply with a ring on the outer edge. But don't quote me on that. I use Remo.

Brian L

I'm thinking about going with the emad, but I'm also researching Aqurian drum heads as well. They both have great reviews, but I dont really know. I think I'm going to give Evans a try and maybe later on, Aqurian.

Homki890

Actually, Remo has a very nice bass head, the Powersonic head, which is just fantastic in all situations, mainly because of the wide range of tuning it has, and the very fast dampening system, which can be changed in under 10 seconds, a very good tool for live situations. Check that head out.

Homki890

Lancelot Frosty

drum30y":104jufu9 said:
Emad. get it or dont. if you dont you either dont play drums, or you like a shity sound. its up to you.
Wow.
So I don't play drums, and at the same time, like shitty sounds?
That's not right, dude.
To each his own. You like the Emad, okay, yeah.
But to say something as narrow minded as this is just insulting.

DRUMSMYWIFE

But currently I'm using a EQ2 with the internal ring and a EMAD Resonant. Works great and you don't need a pillow. Plus you can't go wrong with getting either EC2 clears or coated versions with your toms and an EC snare head. Just a suggestion.

shanemunzert

Lancelot Frosty":25c6kgcm said:
drum30y":25c6kgcm said:
Emad. get it or dont. if you dont you either dont play drums, or you like a shity sound. its up to you.
Wow.
So I don't play drums, and at the same time, like shitty sounds?
That's not right, dude.
To each his own. You like the Emad, okay, yeah.
But to say something as narrow minded as this is just insulting.
indeed i agree. and personally i dislike the emad and prefer the superkick II or the powersonic.