Bass Drum O's (Holz) Installation headaches

Tama Drummer

I've been using these for quite some time, at least the "male ring." The problem is getting the rings to lock together and STAY that way. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks!

Drumming_Animal

ah the holz

well i had a bit of trouble getting mine on, i got the 6" version, i got the holz cutter aswell so i was all kitted out.
After i cut the hole i put on the front side of the holz and after several failed attmepts and not wanting to break my new bass skin i got a pair of wire cutters and put one cut through the bit which goes on the back, this way it fits on easy

i hate those things.

i've had so many problems with them, i'll never waste $17 dollars on them again.

evans makes a great kick head with a re-enforced pre-cut hole. i'd get one of those instead.

christopherabruce

sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire":1smbmyya said:
i hate those things.

i've had so many problems with them, i'll never waste $17 dollars on them again.

evans makes a great kick head with a re-enforced pre-cut hole. i'd get one of those instead.
Aquarian also makes one. I've also had good success heating a large soup can, empty of course, over a stove burner, and burned clean holes in many a head.

Christopher

drummert2k

a little trick i use to get the bask to lock in is to use a soup can. use the top edge of the can (the bottom is more rounded and doesnt work as well). hold down where you start and run the can around the back and it usually just locks right in.

xdoseonex

I tried for lke 20 minutes to get that little white ring on, had my guitarist try, had my vocalist try. finally i broke a cut in the ring trying to force it and it went right on. i would suggest the method stated above and just snip the ring. it didnt even seem psycally possible to get that thing around the hole the way they tell you to

drummert2k

drummert2k":35qqnr70 said:
a little trick i use to get the bask to lock in is to use a soup can. use the top edge of the can (the bottom is more rounded and doesnt work as well). hold down where you start and run the can around the back and it usually just locks right in.
i use this alllll the time. actually, last time i did it was about 3 days ago. takes about 20 seconds to get the ring on.

xdoseonex

tell me about it. i tried, had my vocalist try, had my guitarist try, and none of us could get that damn white ring on. finally i forced it so hard that i snapped the white ring and it fit right on. i could have saved myself a headache by just cutting it in the first place as mentioned above