bass drum injury

galgano16

this happened 2 my cousin not 2 long ago when he was tuning his kick drum, he stabbed himself twice in the arm with the spurs, any1 here ever done tht ?

Howepirate

Umm no?

I don't see how that's done with a watchful eye. I mean those things are almost needle sharp on the very ends.

evolusean13

galgano16":2ls8yc5o said:
this happened 2 my cousin not 2 long ago when he was tuning his kick drum, he stabbed himself twice in the arm with the spurs, any1 here ever done tht ?
ha. yea i was walking away from my bass drum after tuning it and i got too close and it gashed my leg.

screamkevin

JP":3pqka6r5 said:
plz dont yell at me but what r spurrs on a bass drum im confused :?
No yelling, JP, don't worry! The spurs are also known as the sharp points on the end of the legs on a bass drum, like this:

Most bass drum legs have rubber tips at the end, but those can be moved back to expose a sharp point so the legs can dig into a carpet and therefore the bass drum won't move.

JP

ahh cool thanx bud, mine have that rubber foot on it and its somewat pointed but cant put a gash in my leg.

phil-drummer

i duno about any one else, but i fold the bass drum legs away and unscrew the cover for the spurs so that i dont stab myself. gud old pearl. thoughtful as fuck