Bass Drum Anchor Help?

kublabaterista

I just bought a used bass drum, and it doesn't have any spurs. I was wondering if I need spurs if I have a bass drum anchor? I don't know if I should order new spurs or if I should buy a Gibraltar Bass Drum Anchor. It would be cheaper to buy the anchor. But I don't know how stable it is. So, can anyone help me out with this?

rufus4dagruv

Spurs will help anchor the drum much better than the Gibralter product alone. They will provide the necessary stability as well as give you the opportunity to raise the resonant side of the drum off the floor so that that the shell can resonate.

Brother_Bong

When one of my legs broke, I made like a saddle (imagine a crescent moon) about 5 inches deep which kind of cradled the drum so it wouldn't roll side to side. Maybe something like that with the spurs would help.

JasonS2C

With how inexpensive spurs are, I'd save the time and $$$ building something and just go buy some new spurs.

Brother_Bong

JasonS2C":3uln9o5o said:
With how inexpensive spurs are, I'd save the time and $$$ building something and just go buy some new spurs.
Sorry, I should have qualified that my kit was discontinued, so it was a bitch finding parts.

JasonS2C

Bong":3lqlb8dq said:
JasonS2C":3lqlb8dq said:
Sorry, I should have qualified that my kit was discontinued, so it was a bitch finding parts.
I guess that does change things a little bit unless you're ok with the idea of re-drilling for new hardware (I wouldnt be).