Bass Drop On Yamaha Dtxpress

rufus4dagruv

Hmmm....not too familiar with the sounds of that brain. Have you considered getting a sampler for the sound, then using MIDI to trigger it? The Yammy most likely has a MIDI out that you could run to the sampler. You may be able to score a deal on one on Ebay.

Also, if you want to invest a little more time and money, get something like a Roland SPD-S, then record the sounds you want from the Yammy brain. You could later sell the brain if you wanted to, but you'd still have the sounds. Just an idea.

Howepirate

rufus4dagruv":2197izm2 said:
Hmmm....not too familiar with the sounds of that brain. Have you considered getting a sampler for the sound, then using MIDI to trigger it? The Yammy most likely has a MIDI out that you could run to the sampler. You may be able to score a deal on one on Ebay.

Also, if you want to invest a little more time and money, get something like a Roland SPD-S, then record the sounds you want from the Yammy brain. You could later sell the brain if you wanted to, but you'd still have the sounds. Just an idea.
Ehh, I like my Dtxpress a lot. If noone knows how, i can get my bassist to sample a bass drop on his sampler.

I would love to have it myself though, cuz we're kinda kicking him out. Haha

rufus4dagruv

Howepirate":o4rf589x said:
rufus4dagruv":o4rf589x said:

Ehh, I like my Dtxpress a lot. If noone knows how, i can get my bassist to sample a bass drop on his sampler.

I would love to have it myself though, cuz we're kinda <b>kicking him out.</b> Haha
:shock:

Crazy; we're in the same boat there.

Another option would be to search mp3 databases online to find a sound instead of having your current bass player cut it. Again, it's some more work, but I just don't know enough about the sounds and capabilities of this particular brain to tell you how to tweak it to get what you're looking for.

There is way to use Google to search for just mp3's, or just about any file extension. <a href="http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/851/google_find_free_mp3s_wmas_oggs_and_other_music_files">Here's a link</a> to the "instructions." :wink: