Bargain PDP CX or Mapex Pro?

drum4Him

I have an opportunity to buy a new Pacific CX with hardware for $700. However, before I knew about this deal, I was leaning to a Mapex Pro kit that could be over $1000.

Depending on where you read, it does seem that Mapex is slightly favored. Also the Mapex hardware seems better to me. There have been instances of hardware issues for the PDP kit. However, my mind keeps on going back to what I consider a pretty good deal. What I save on the difference I would probably be able to affored cases sooner and maybe half a cymbal or other accessories. These would not be played out of the house that much (6 x per year) for I have an Roland TD-20. The reason for the purchase is to have an acoustic kit for when I need it. I have a 70's Rogers kit that I don't want to add another scratch to.

So go with the Pacifc CX now or wait for the Mapex? My timeframe to buy is 6 months, but I am getting itchy for this.

d4H

Sway

I have a mapex m birch and personally i love the thing alot. BUT my church is getting a new kit and im getting a PDP. I like mapex but if your a hard hitter there stuff seems to go out of tune really quick unless your going to get there really high end stuff. There hardware sticks sometimes to. Very durable but sometimes ill unscrew somthing all the way and it will still be so freakin hard to move up or down. I would say the CX most definatly that way you have money to buy other stuff with(especially cases) and since your not going to use it much outside you may decide your good with what you have already and just save money all together.

drum4Him

I ordered tht PDP from GC today. The cost was the main driver for this choice. If I played out more, I could justify the extra cost. This will be my 3rd kit at home. I have a Roland TD-20 & Rogers 70's kit. While I'll take care of this kit, I will not be as upset if something happens to it vs. the Rogers.

Thanks for you input.

d4H