band member help

Drumosaurus

I'm Christian McCall and i am a drummer in a cover band called bad kharma. http://www.myspace.com/thekoutsband

For some reason we ended up with 2 drummers, but I consider myself the better of the 2 and so does the rest of the band, but the other drummer is my friend. So..... suggestions anyone?

seandude

same thing hapned to me! but he endup a really food singer and guitarist so lol it worked out convice ihhm to do something eles or deal with it and be a kick ass band

dwtoast72

business is business...... boot his ass, or better yet make him a roadie (kinda messed up, actually. instead of carrying his gear, he carries yours......lol)

DrummerByron

dwtoast72":14iaoti8 said:
business is business...... boot his ass, or better yet make him a roadie (kinda messed up, actually. instead of carrying his gear, he carries yours......lol)
Actually you could "hire him" as a drum tech. If he would go for it, he could set up your kit, tune it, and do the mike checks. And he could sub for you when you are sick or otherwise obligated (if he would go for it). I was watching Conan O'Brian last night and Modest Mouse was on and they had a drummer and a percussionist and it really added to the music. So that is another possible route.

dwtoast72

DrummerByron":2sdp42ir said:
dwtoast72":2sdp42ir said:
Actually you could "hire him" as a drum tech. If he would go for it, he could set up your kit, tune it, and do the mike checks. And he could sub for you when you are sick or otherwise obligated (if he would go for it). I was watching Conan O'Brian last night and Modest Mouse was on and they had a drummer and a percussionist and it really added to the music. So that is another possible route.
very wise......

dave lynch

BillRayDrums":zl8vkb3j said:
Trade off on percussion. If you guys vibe on a musical scale then why not? Learn to play as a unit.
I agree with Billy...But why did that happen ? I went through that once and it was a deal where the guitar player ( the leader ) Liked the idea of 2 drummers for the bigger sound..Two drummers playing at the same time made it like there was a little slap back and the idea of one keeping rythem while the oter played more feels and stuff..it was kinda neat at 1st but as time went on it got a little strange per I liked a more up tempo and he liked a more laid back tempo..Yes I know it's what the tune/music calls for and that should dictate what happens but it was original music and there would be differences..Yeah the best approach is do what Billy said..Try that because it's a positive way of looking at it...Positive is GOOD !!!

Drumosaurus

thanks for the ideas but the music we play doesn't call for 2 drummers at all, cause we mostly do green day covers. the other drummer doesn't play anything else and niether do I. we also have two completely different styles of playing. he (matt) plays everything strictly by the book, he goes home and studies the song and does the same beat that is in the song. While I make my own beats and fills for the song.