Axis X-L2 Double Pedal

metldrummer2112

Thanks. If that's the case then I can see why they were slashed that much, but it looks like you got a great deal. I don't think I'm going to have any complaints once I get mine

Howepirate

metldrummer2112":2mg3po5z said:
Thanks. If that's the case then I can see why they were slashed that much, but it looks like you got a great deal. I don't think I'm going to have any complaints once I get mine
Yeah, and I actually liked having to fix stuff immediately (previous owners fault) because it gave me a chance to get to know the pedals better and understand them.

When you get a set, let me know if there's anything you need to fix or change and I'll help ya out.

metldrummer2112

Yeah, that sounds better than playing them for a while until you find a mistake.

And I'll let you know when I get them. There shouldn't be any problems since it looks like I'll be buying them Dales Drum Shop, which is a 5 star drum shop and I think one of the 5 biggest drum stores in the country if you coun't their offsite warehouses and stuff. But you never know, I may need help

Howepirate

Oh yeah, if you're buying them new, there wont be any problems. I was just saying if you go the ebay route, I got your back haha.

metldrummer2112

Thanks man, I'm gonna keep checking. I'd like to get some new hardware and a cymbal too, so ebay's looking really good right now

Howepirate

Hells yah and Saluda's always open for the cheaper pro cymbal! But I can tell by your sig, you've probably figured that out already haha.

metldrummer2112

Yep. Once i can scrape together $40 I'm trading both my splashes in for Saludas. Already worked it out with Jamie so now I just have to wait.

I'd like to get a crash from him too.

Howepirate

I always like to recommend their thinner crashs. They explode brilliantly and shimmer down post-hit. Mist-X ftw!

metldrummer2112

That's probably what I'm gonna end up getting, something medium thin or medium. I have one heavy crash and that's all I need.

What Saludas do you have?

And Mist-X's shimmer, eh? That's probably what he's making my splashes from. This is awesome.

metldrummer2112

Oh, Howepirate. I just went out to the drum store to test some stuff out before christmas. I tired out all the Axis's and I actually decided on the X-L2s. They're $100 cheaper and the only difference is the vari-drive lever and sonic hammers which I wasn't going to use in the first place. Now I have money for a new cymbal. I'm either gonna get a saluda or a K Custom Dark Crash. Tried one at the stor and fell in love with it

Howepirate

Hells yah, I use the XL-2's and I never have a problem adjusting them at all. I don't think I'd really care for the VDL?

I have some Ion V's and some Mist-X's

metldrummer2112

Yeah, it really doesn't do too much you couldn't do on your own. Plus it's 100 less so now I have some extra money!

And nice, my splashes are either gonna Mist-X's or Ion-V's. Or Diamond. Can't wait till I can get them

ShadowDrummer

Howepirate":18vase40 said:
I can think of like 30 videos proving Axis are the shit by some of the most brutal drummers on the planet. Why not get Axis? How many people play IC's that do anything special with their feet?
I know, I've watched most of them. Again, I tihnk my wording came across wrong in previous post:

I'm Not denying Axis at all. I'd have a set if I had a better budget and if I could actually at least touch one in person to get more specs. I got the Tama IC because I've played them before for a while, used them in a WFD Pedals (at a Tama clinic).

It would help to mention that the Tama was an OVERDUE upgrade from my PDP 402's....lol.
So if I ever get to be a drummer who has like 2 kits for every style of music, one will definately have a n A-L2.

And nice price on ebay. I've gone ebay crazy lately. Got the IC's for $285 brand new after shipping and some other misc. stuff.

Drum on, and let me know how the X-L2's work for ya man

And there's not a god damn job in southwest florida. NONE
you're godammn right! i wasted five months after getting out of high school looking for a job, i eventually gave up and am going to tech school to be and air conditioning technician. it's like you go in a place and be like hey are you guys hiring? and they're like no, and you're like well how the FUCK did you get this job!!?

NocturnalDrum

masonvonritchie":1jpiu091 said:
They won't improve your drumming, but they will allow you to progress further than you would with your crappy pedals.
Probably the smartest thing I read on this forum. Very true. Your only as good as your equipment.

metldrummer2112

NocturnalDrum":ffqosfkm said:
masonvonritchie":ffqosfkm said:
They won't improve your drumming, but they will allow you to progress further than you would with your crappy pedals.
Probably the smartest thing I read on this forum. Very true. Your only as good as your equipment.
Wow you're about 2 months too late on this one.