axis pedal triggers

Aeternal

yeah they are worth it. I havent double triggered since I got them and I dont have to muffle my kick drums anymore. So now I have great sounding kicks and a VERY reliable trigger to help with the attack of my kicks.

iatemygoat

i steared clear from these when i was told about them on here because they werent explained right to me. but my bass player clued me in on how they actually work and now im thinking about saving up for them.

xdoseonex

iatemygoat":2ygkqjwp said:
i steared clear from these when i was told about them on here because they werent explained right to me. but my bass player clued me in on how they actually work and now im thinking about saving up for them.
lol. I told you to get them months ago when you were looking into ddrum triggers

iatemygoat

xdoseonex":lx7n1b4d said:
iatemygoat":lx7n1b4d said:
lol. I told you to get them months ago when you were looking into ddrum triggers
haha yup and now im having trouble with double triggering! i think its just a matter of my technique though because i tend to leave my beater close, if not resting, on the head after a hit. especially with my left foot. i turned the gain down on my DM5 so its way better but hopefully things go smoothly at my show tonight.

PatternsInTheIvy

iatemygoat":24461xx5 said:
xdoseonex":24461xx5 said:
iatemygoat":24461xx5 said:
haha yup and now im having trouble with double triggering! i think its just a matter of my technique though because i tend to leave my beater close, if not resting, on the head after a hit. especially with my left foot. i turned the gain down on my DM5 so its way better but hopefully things go smoothly at my show tonight.
Your supposed to leave it resting though, does it screw up the trigger that way?

Howepirate

iatemygoat":1qlaxp1e said:
xdoseonex":1qlaxp1e said:
iatemygoat":1qlaxp1e said:
Rather than the gain, check if your module supports a function called "SelfRej" or Reject or rejection or something along those lines.

If you mess with that, the double triggering goes away because it'll reject extremely fast notes caused by double triggering. Not sure if the DM5 will have it but my yammie dtxpress does.

disrupt13

if i didnt blow my power amp, id use my dm5, im considering selling that bad boy.
i dont understand e kits, a picture i saw of them looked like a guitar string.

Empyrean Drums

Howepirate":3nalegll said:
Rather than the gain, check if your module supports a function called "SelfRej" or Reject or rejection or something along those lines.

If you mess with that, the double triggering goes away because it'll reject extremely fast notes caused by double triggering. Not sure if the DM5 will have it but my yammie dtxpress does.
The DM5 has a setting called "decay" (DEC) that supposed to do the same thing. The noise and cross talk setting need to be adjusted right too.
Also, watch you cables. If they're bumped or vibrate they can make your triggers false