Axis Pedal noise problems, Rattling.

Hello there, Can anyone help me? I own a axis X series double-kick pedal and I've owned it for over 3 years. However it has developed a rattle on the joint between the kick plate and floor plate. I am hoping one of you may have had a similar problem and could tell me how you solved it. The rattle, apart from being annoying, is causing problems when I'm recording. I need to find a solution because at the moment all I can think of is lots of grease to lubricate the bearings. Any responses would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Howepirate

michiganice91":3lx49c9k said:
what..axis pedals..the best pedals ever made on the planet has a problem..well how can this be..
They have quite a few problems usually. And their usually very easy problems to fix and due to axis' great customer support if something gets broken they will charge a very minimal or no fee for a replacement part.

Howepirate":bhs2zoqh said:
michiganice91":bhs2zoqh said:
what..axis pedals..the best pedals ever made on the planet has a problem..well how can this be..
They have quite a few problems usually. And their usually very easy problems to fix and due to axis' great customer support if something gets broken they will charge a very minimal or no fee for a replacement part.
What about if you live in England? Have you got any details on how to get in touch with them?

Howepirate

smarty_drummerboy":3ovkihd7 said:
Howepirate":3ovkihd7 said:
michiganice91":3ovkihd7 said:
What about if you live in England? Have you got any details on how to get in touch with them?
http://www.axispercussion.com/contact.html

Heres all the numbers and contact info. Hope your problems solved

iatemygoat

smarty_drummerboy":9el4pg7e said:
Howepirate":9el4pg7e said:
michiganice91":9el4pg7e said:
damn, thats prolly gonna take a while to get any kind of new part. i ordered my new U-joint a month ago and they dont expect it to be in until next wednesday, FINALLY!

Howepirate

Yeah biggest problem with axis right now is the time it takes for anything to ship and order because their growing really fast.

Which is good

i wanna see some new innovations!!!

iatemygoat

Howepirate":3offqdtx said:
Yeah biggest problem with axis right now is the time it takes for anything to ship and order because their growing really fast.

Which is good

like NEW SCREW HEADS DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!

my drum key slips rigt off those freakin things

Howepirate

iatemygoat":2xv2xolv said:
Howepirate":2xv2xolv said:

Which is good

And less allen screws!

Empyrean Drums

Howepirate":2li3r48z said:
iatemygoat":2li3r48z said:
Howepirate":2li3r48z said:

Which is good

And less allen screws!
They should use Torx head screws

iatemygoat

Howepirate":zgemdqre said:
iatemygoat":zgemdqre said:
Howepirate":zgemdqre said:

Which is good

And less allen screws!
or at least one size of allen screw!! YYAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

xdoseonex

i bougt 2 allen keys yesterday, 1 standard 1 metric. and i relized every allen key you need on an axis pedal is on the smaller side of a standard allen key set. so go to your local hardware store, but a standard allen key set, and all those ajustments shouldnt be to much of a problem

Howepirate

xdoseonex":17q1cryt said:
i bougt 2 allen keys yesterday, 1 standard 1 metric. and i relized every allen key you need on an axis pedal is on the smaller side of a standard allen key set. so go to your local hardware store, but a standard allen key set, and all those ajustments shouldnt be to much of a problem
Oh yeah ive figured out that much but it'd be nice if it was just 1 you know?

I mean do they not use the 4 sided drum key bolts for aerodynamic reasons or what?

iatemygoat

Howepirate":3li8fne3 said:
xdoseonex":3li8fne3 said:
Oh yeah ive figured out that much but it'd be nice if it was just 1 you know?

I mean do they not use the 4 sided drum key bolts for aerodynamic reasons or what?
hahahahahaha