Axis AA-X VS. Axis AX-A whats the difference?

Howepirate

Thats the difference right there:

X= No VDL (variable drive lever)
A= Yes VDL

Makes a bigggg difference because you can independently change the footboard height and keep the beater the same distance away from the head.

m

yep- that's the difference, the VDL assembly.

from the Axis website:

"The variable drive lever allows the player to obtain the feel of any type of pedal with one simple adjustment.
The Variable Drive Lever changes the ratio of the footboard movement to the arc of the beater."

http://axispercussion.com/pedals.html

I own a Double A, an X, and a Longboard X. I like the feel of the A a little better, but I don't adjust the VDL too often.

Jriddim

yeah thats what i thought... but dude look in the pictures... both of them have that pole thing... look luckaly i am a graphic designer!

m

huh, Guitar Center goofed up.
The X does not have a VDL assembly, though there is definitely one shown in the pic.
Someone made a mistake there

the X strap assembly should look like this:

Jriddim

wow stupid guitar center...lol what do you guys think of the A footboard compared to the x? it looks quite narrow

m

Jriddim":2rjkjv7q said:
wow stupid guitar center...lol what do you guys think of the A footboard compared to the x? it looks quite narrow
I like the narrow board~ feels fine to me. I don't really notice much difference when I'm playing.

One of my favorite aspects of Axis pedals (which became even more apparent this week when I bought a Trick pedal to compare)
is the 'foot clearance.' One of the things I don't like about pedals with a tower/post on both sides is that it can be a problem for big shoes, if you put your foot that far up the board (which I do) I always felt like the DWs were constricting because of this design.
I love how the Axis gives you so much clearance between your foot and the beater assembly.
The Trick is open on one side too, but because of the way the beater/cam assembly is designed, there's less clearance than with the Axis pedals.

FelterSkelter

I was always under the impression that AXIS pedals were mainly for metal playing. Upon perusing their website I found it untrue as far as the endorsees are concerned. I've always liked the pedals though I'd have to wait for them to come down in price some before I'll own one.

Howepirate

FelterSkelter":2geq098v said:
I was always under the impression that AXIS pedals were mainly for metal playing. Upon perusing their website I found it untrue as far as the endorsees are concerned. I've always liked the pedals though I'd have to wait for them to come down in price some before I'll own one.
Umm actually... they keep going up...

FelterSkelter

Howepirate":1c1ip59j said:
FelterSkelter":1c1ip59j said:
Ahh yes. Until the next best thing that I can't afford comes out. Then they'll drop the price a bit.

Howepirate

FelterSkelter":f4evnhtr said:
Howepirate":f4evnhtr said:
FelterSkelter":f4evnhtr said:
Ahh yes. Until the next best thing that I can't afford comes out. Then they'll drop the price a bit.
Trick comes out.... price goes up....

Might as well ebay'm and if their faulty at all me, xdoseonex, think i atemygoat ( you use axis right???) and M can help ya

FelterSkelter

Howepirate":aysysvo2 said:
FelterSkelter":aysysvo2 said:
Howepirate":aysysvo2 said:
FelterSkelter":aysysvo2 said:

Might as well ebay'm and if their faulty at all me, xdoseonex, think i atemygoat ( you use axis right???) and M can help ya
I'm set with my Gibraltar direct drive 9610. I just remember the first time I saw an Axis I thought it looked space age and interesting. I liked the feel of no chain too. That's why I got the pedal I have now.

iatemygoat

Howepirate":2o40fqvw said:
FelterSkelter":2o40fqvw said:
Howepirate":2o40fqvw said:
FelterSkelter":2o40fqvw said:

yeah and im still waiting for my u-joint, so i borrowed an axis from a guy in the band i just joined

Howepirate

iatemygoat":27l9wlwt said:
Howepirate":27l9wlwt said:
FelterSkelter":27l9wlwt said:
Howepirate":27l9wlwt said:
FelterSkelter":27l9wlwt said:

yeah and im still waiting for my u-joint, so i borrowed an axis from a guy in the band i just joined
Ahhhh yesss thats right.

Jriddim

so would u guys spend the extra $ for the A? Cause i certainly am...That was the one thing i wish my X had...that crazy adjustment

iatemygoat

Jriddim":29ubpgq4 said:
so would u guys spend the extra $ for the A? Cause i certainly am...That was the one thing i wish my X had...that crazy adjustment
definately. i tweek mine all the time. even if its just a cm.

Howepirate

iatemygoat":10kq39w7 said:
Jriddim":10kq39w7 said:
definately. i tweek mine all the time. even if its just a cm.
Well most people pretty much have theirs set around the x's settings but if your all about being able to tweak stuff then sure.