Awesome Drummer Shoes

Homki890

http://www.earth.us/shoeDetail.asp?Gend ... =0&ID=1931

Amazing shoes. Comfy as HELL!!!!! And the amazing thing is the feature of the shoe. A negative heel. The heel is lower than the sole, so the foot is on an incline. Not only is it an amazing shoe that helps posture and foot pain, it helps drumming by putting the foot at a natural position on the bass drum pedal. Now, the motion of striking the bass drum is easier and takes less effort. Amazing stuff.

Homki890

drummer4thefreaks":1kbaa4sp said:
I reckon what you have on your feet matters to a player as much as what you have in front of you to play. Whether you play with or without shoes or socks, it's all down to personal preference... I just wear my everyday shoe lol (heres a pic: http://www.underworldsk8.com/skateshoes/images/shoes/adio/eugene-black-pink-bg.jpg) They're medium gripped, so i can slide my foot if i want, or keep it in place if i want. :D
i used 2 have those shoes lol just thought ide say that

Rem

i used to play bare foot, then i started double bass and advance heeltoe

ouch

now i play in old school vans or my socks

Mr. Pants

Coatedskins":2zisq9kd said:

ouch

I used to play barefoot until an old school DW 5000 cam bite my toe and made the pedal slippery with my blood...yuck!

88chellfire88

Mr. Pants":3h0nxpvi said:
Coatedskins":3h0nxpvi said:

ouch

I used to play barefoot until an old school DW 5000 cam bite my toe and made the pedal slippery with my blood...yuck!
yeah definately not goin barefooted cuz it is just impractical, socks when practicing sure..

but when it comes to real-deal work outs, i use these thin soled & walled Keds-tennis shoes from walmart, lol... they kinda resemble me of the nike era of Lars Ulrich's, but when laced up tight are real easy to get along with

JP

old school vans kick ass nice and light and they give me the grip i need but thats just me talking every1 does their own thing

SGarrett

I play in either socks or old school Vans, too. I've been doing it for almost 20 years and have yet to injure myself. I don't stomp on my pedals and I keep the ball of my foot in the same place on the footboard every time I play. Technique rocks.

Oh, and try dancing shoes or auto racing shoes.

SGarrett

vinniesfollower":1fg9874m said:
It shouldn't be the shoes that make the drummer!
Same thing goes for pedals. :)

But, a light shoe with a thin and flat sole will allow you to move your foot almost like you're playing barefoot.