AT THE PAWN SHOP

okjohne

Hey,

Just picked up a DW 9000 2 leg HH stand for $95. Yummy Yummy. Could not let that deal pass. Good pickins @ the pawn shop these days. Time to get the old lady that Rolex. Not.

SGarrett

Nice score!

I've thought about picking up a $500 Rolex just for the "look" when needed. I normally look like a drummer, but I clean up nicely. :D

vincemie

nice deal, there arent any pawn shops here in nj, only in atlantic city and thats because its where all the gamblers go.

Assback

serious score

only pawn shops around here are those beaner ass ones that'll only give you $50 for a used 120 watt amp but expect $40 for a PDP cymbal stand

SGarrett

blink44":1wv11cj8 said:
my parents would never let me go to a pawn shop.
Ever been to GameStop? They're technically a pawn shop because they buy/sell used games. My wife managed a store for 3.5 years and was an assistant manager for a year before that. Tell your parents that. :)

SuNoAnBuKi

vincemie":jnpuqsfz said:
nice deal, there arent any pawn shops here in nj, only in atlantic city and thats because its where all the gamblers go.

There's like 5 pawn shops down here in Vineland. That's like a good 2 hour drive for you though.

Alan_

pawn shops here are not nearly the awesome resource for cheap used gear they were 10 years ago. they got wise and realized they could make more money off suckers who don't do their research and are impulsive, then they got greedy and started trying to get ridiculous money.

ThePloughman

Pawn shops are like yard sales. You can stop a hundred times and see nothing you want. They might want more than it cost new, after its fallen off the truck .... a lot. And then theres that one time...... you score big.

I have to say, Ive only gotten one great deal at a pawnshop. But it was a Big Great Deal.

Ayotte Custom 22-12-16 with Enduro cases. It was too low to print.

stump

Great score. I find that pawn shops generally don't have alot of great deals. On occasion though you cross a diamond in the rough. P.O.Y!

okjohne

Alan_":2x4h0f6j said:
pawn shops here are not nearly the awesome resource for cheap used gear they were 10 years ago. they got wise and realized they could make more money off suckers who don't do their research and are impulsive, then they got greedy and started trying to get ridiculous money.

There are lots of pawn shops in the Denver area and they are usually in rows so you can check out four or five on just a couple blocks. most aren't good for musical intruments but most do have decent audio equipment, tools and jewelry/watches.

I purchased the HH stand at a place called Wegles (sp) music and loan. They specialize in instruments. We also have 2 Music-go-Rounds in the area. Basicaly a music only pawn shop diguised as a music store.

Allan, it is true though that you have to inspect the gear thoroughly. I've seen all kinds of jerry rigged and jacked up stuff. It's also important to not be impulsive and have a good idea what a good deal is on the item or you'll end up paying too much.

SmellsLikeIan

My mom just bought a barely used ryobi 10" compound miter saw from a pawnshop for $40. I told her not to get a new one, the pawn shop would be half the price for the same thing....And they gave us a 6 month warranty for $5.