• Totally Metal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kinda

• it doesnt matter what the color of the kit is

• Total voters

awesomeAustin

i got a white pearl masters kit and it sounds badass. i play in a metal band, are white drums metal? or when you see a white kit do you think of every 80's hair metal band? let me know what you think

MasterShake89

it doesnt matter, it just matters how you make them sound. and i personally think white drums look cool.....but keep em clean hah.

drummert2k

white drums atrent metal. they're wood wrapped in plastic....... i know i know, not what you were asking.

do you really care how "metal" your drum color is? that color is an awesome finish.

you dont see every southern rocker wrapping their kit in confederate flages and red white and blue because they're concerned with how "southern rock" their kit is.

get whatever YOU like, not what some people might thing is a stereotype color or finish of a genre.

i really doubt that getting a white kit is going to make you're band loose the metal edge.

the finish wont make the music. you make the music. you're 100% in control of making the music metal. not the color of your drums

scrubs

Not metal...which isn't an option in your poll. Black, Silver, & Red are all acceptable answers, but not White. Sorry, but you'll have to send that kit to me and go buy a new one. Them's the rules.

TheYardstick

It doesn't matter what color it is, just look at Michael "Moose" Thomas (Bullet For My Valentine). He plays a white kit all the time.

drummert2k

awesomeAustin":37wnbmfs said:
thanks for the feedback guys. my bandmates kinda make fun of me for having a white kit but whatever. thanks
sounds like they think they need to look metal to be able to play metal. show them its how you play your instrument and not what color that instrument is.

or spray paint their guitars 80's neon pink with white hearts and butterflys next time they leave their guitars at your house or something.

AK-Drummer

drummert2k":uklw0ohp said:
awesomeAustin":uklw0ohp said:
thanks for the feedback guys. my bandmates kinda make fun of me for having a white kit but whatever. thanks
sounds like they think they need to look metal to be able to play metal. show them its how you play your instrument and not what color that instrument is.

or spray paint their guitars 80's neon pink with white hearts and butterflys next time they leave their guitars at your house or something.

meh....awsome! i would do it. personally if i could get a white kit with black hardware thatd be heaven for meh. and i know joey jordinson and The Reverend both have white kits. rev still uses his for shows to. i agree with the above. hell.....buy a hot pink kit and use that. =D

awesomeAustin

drummert2k":ytoohp7i said:
spray paint their guitars 80's neon pink with white hearts and butterflys next time they leave their guitars at your house or something.
haha i always wanted to do that.

they like to joke around so they were just busting my chops

and i did put black reso's on it. one word: AWESOME

Howepirate

think of lars' old white and black tamas...though hes a terrible drummer IMFHO his set was pretty sick..

JUST PLEASE NO HUGE RACK TOMS! or BAT man EFFIN TOM ANGLES

Scott_Hurford

TheYardstick":5ynnwnop said:
It doesn't matter what color it is, just look at Michael "Moose" Thomas (Bullet For My Valentine). He plays a white kit all the time.
+1 :)
he has a stunning kit at the moment, all white :wink:
i just love the contrast on stage, the rest of the band have black guitars and black clothes and Moose has the big ol' white kit. it fits in gr8 8)

DUDE!!!! it's the DRUMMER,....that makes it metal!!!! I play in a Melodic Death Metal band with my brother, and we can take any of our songs....ANY of 'em, I'll change the beat, and you'll get latin music! Or just straight up rock.....that's why drummers are the BACKBONE! We MAKE that shit happen....PERIOD!!!!

Metal is the kit with the METAL drummer behind it!!!!

Eiren

TheYardstick":215cqpxj said:
I'm not sure using the most un-metal "metal" band in the World, is a good example.

:lol:

Looks good to me.

hovis21

Hmm...sorry but white just ain't metal.

Not for me anyway....grey is borderline but white is OTT!

But then again that lad looks like he can play three bass drums so who am i to judge?

PatternsInTheIvy

You can't properlly judge someone about metal drums or metal anything if you dont know who hellhammer is Hovis21

If HH uses white, then its all good to me! Plus, my kit is white with SPARKLES!! And I play metal. Believe me, sparkles are insanely brutally death metal, black metal, heavy metal, AND viking metal.