Are the new Zildjian Armand series good?

nate

I am buying new cymbals and was thinking of the new Armand series by Zildjian which are basses on the cymbals I can't find or afford from the 60s. Even though I am a huge Zildjian K and A (not so much a custom and k customs, dont know why) I have really been considering these and if anyone has any experience with them please let me know. Thanks.

rufus4dagruv

I got one of the 16" MT crashes for recording. Nice, quick voice. The 14" hats sounded outstanding, very similar to the New Beats of the 60's and 70's. I've always been a fan of the Beautiful Baby ride, and the 18" Thin crash was definitely usable.

dannydrumperc

Critiques on the 21" ride are outstanding. Haven't tried any yet by myself, but the reviews are very promissing. Apparently they have a flatter/lower profile than the Avedis and are a bit lighter; a cool cross between As and Ks.

kazzman

dannydrumperc":2dr40wy9 said:
Critiques on the 21" ride are outstanding. Haven't tried any yet by myself, but the reviews are very promissing. Apparently they have a flatter/lower profile than the Avedis and are a bit lighter; a cool cross between As and Ks.
I'll say this. If you're a fan of the 21" Avedis Sweet Ride, then you'll fall in love with the 21" Armand Ride. It has a very "swishy" sound to the body, but at the same time, it's got just the right amount of ping to it. The bell has such a beautiful cut to it too. And if you like to crash on your ride cymbal, then you'll get a very defined and dark crash out of it.