Aquarian Texture Coated Z100 Snare head

michiganice91

If you've seen modern drummer..I know this is their brand new head. Does anyone have any experience with them?? I wasn't able to find them available at all online, but my local store 2112 Percussion had them for $10.00 brand new..so I picked one up. Whats with the Z100 coating??

michiganice91

Well I finally put this new Z100 head on (apparently its in the demo stages only..not even available online??)..and I must say it was well worth my $10.00 I was switching from the Evans Genera Dry head which is a 2 ply head I believe..to this Z100 1 ply medium weight head. I was trying to achieve a very open bonham-like sound..and I must say this head really came through. Its a very open sound..which I wanted..and it sounds great (of course my 14x8 ludwig maple snare helped too :p ). Anyways..Im giving this head a thumbs up. Go buy 1 for ten bucks!.

oh yea..can't really say much about the Z100 coating because I just put the brand new head on. In a month or so I'll give an update on how its holding up. It looks solid though!

michiganice91

Well since no 1 replied to this thread hehe :eek: , I think its readily available now (I guess I got mine in the demo stages). I have had this head (which i got for $10) on for a little over a month now..and theres almost no signs of any coating wearing off..or even beginning to wear off..so Im starting to think this could be a revolutionary new coating..that never comes off. Hope its true! Anyways heres a pic.

xdoseonex

michiganice91":3oa842oj said:
Well since no 1 replied to this thread hehe :eek: , I think its readily available now (I guess I got mine in the demo stages). I have had this head (which i got for $10) on for a little over a month now..and theres almost no signs of any coating wearing off..or even beginning to wear off..so Im starting to think this could be a revolutionary new coating..that never comes off. Hope its true! Anyways heres a pic.

thats exactly what it is

DrumsPlus

The rep told me it's just suppose to be more durable. I was looking at it for brush work, but it seems a little heavier than I thought it would be.

michiganice91

DrumsPlus":1cxbm9vd said:
The rep told me it's just suppose to be more durable. I was looking at it for brush work, but it seems a little heavier than I thought it would be.
really? I found it to be much lighter and way more open than my previous head (evans genera dry), due to the fact that its 1 ply.

Atmerrill

Bought one today and put it on a brass 10 lug (Slingerland TDR) snare - really nice head - loved the coating and didn't have to crank the head to get a really nice sound out of it. I'm sold.