Aquarian SK2

kenny.drummer

Hi Everybody!

What are ypur opinions on Aquarian SuperKick 2 kick head. Is it really that good? Or should I go for EMAD?

kenny

pow3rtr1p

kenny.drummer":3e696mja said:
Hi Everybody!

What are ypur opinions on Aquarian SuperKick 2 kick head. Is it really that good? Or should I go for EMAD?

kenny
Think of it this way. I know 3 drummers personally who use all Evans or Remo on all their toms and snares, and use SKIIs. It is one of, if not the, best kick head out there. I really can't say enough good things about it. Even with no muffling, and the stock resonant head, my kick sound amazing. I don't plan on using any other bass drum bead on my kick, this one just has no real problems, and a whole lot of benefits.

michiganice91

pow3rtr1p":2s7es1fo said:
kenny.drummer":2s7es1fo said:
Hi Everybody!

kenny
Think of it this way. I know 3 drummers personally who use all Evans or Remo on all their toms and snares, and use SKIIs. It is one of, if not the, best kick head out there. I really can't say enough good things about it. Even with no muffling, and the stock resonant head, my kick sound amazing. I don't plan on using any other bass drum bead on my kick, this one just has no real problems, and a whole lot of benefits.
Agreed..I got remo and evans on the toms and snare..but I always gotta have my Superkick II

SGarrett

I have the SuperKick II and Regulator combo on my kick. You can hear it on my MySpace. The first song was tracked with a Shure Beta52, the second with an AKG D112, and the third with my Audix D6.

drummerboi4130

SGarrett":3f82ijzb said:
I have the SuperKick II and Regulator combo on my kick. You can hear it on my MySpace. The first song was tracked with a Shure Beta52, the second with an AKG D112, and the third with my Audix D6.
idk if it's the crappy laptop speakers im using, but i can't hear the bass drum at all.

kansasdrummer

I have both. I have the EMAD 2 on my Grestsch Catalina ash. And the superkick 2 on my rogers big r. Keep in mind, the gretsh is newer, and is a 22x18. The rogers..is around 32 years old, and is a 20x14. I prefer the sound of my gretsch, but neither sound horrible. I say they are both good heads. Just whatever u prefer.

SGarrett

drummerboi4130":8gi62lvk said:
SGarrett":8gi62lvk said:
idk if it's the crappy laptop speakers im using, but i can't hear the bass drum at all.
Which song or all three? It could be the speakers, I have a sub with mine so I couldn't tell ya.

drummerboi4130

SGarrett":29rk6eam said:
drummerboi4130":29rk6eam said:
SGarrett":29rk6eam said:
Which song or all three? It could be the speakers, I have a sub with mine so I couldn't tell ya.
yea, all of them
i'm on my computer now, but i have to turn up the volume to hear the bass

SGarrett

drummerboi4130":1nkr05hw said:
SGarrett":1nkr05hw said:
drummerboi4130":1nkr05hw said:
SGarrett":1nkr05hw said:
yea, all of them
i'm on my computer now, but i have to turn up the volume to hear the bass
Hmm. Well, good to know.