Appearing in a play.....

mead50

Recently they have asked me to come out in a play, they want me to play drum set for The Wiz. I'm stoked and all but do you guys have tips. I'm a little nervous because some other drummers that are gonna be there are from dci and well damn :/ I suck at rudiments and stuff compared to those guys. But yea, tips or anything

TheLoneGunman

My tip for you is pretty much something that goes with everything. Give it your all. You may do good, you may do bad, but if you hold yourself back, you will be bad. So give yourself a chance to be good and give it everything you got!

I read in an interview with Peter Erskine that he played a gig infront of a bunch of great drummers, I think it was at a trade show or something like that, and afterwards Steve Gadd told him you got big balls for playing infront of all these great drummers, and Peter said, man I'm just playing drums, lol, or atleast that's how I remember the article, I should read it again.

But in the end, drumming is fun! Play drums, woot!

Alan_

remember, in a gig like that, your job isn't to kill everybody with a bunch of rudimental madness. your job is to make the music feel good. I've met many drummers with fantastic rudimental skill who couldn't drive a band to save their lives. concentrate on the music feeling good, and forget the rest.

Brother_Bong

Alan_":v5p3ydwz said:
remember, in a gig like that, your job isn't to kill everybody with a bunch of rudimental madness. your job is to make the music feel good. I've met many drummers with fantastic rudimental skill who couldn't drive a band to save their lives. concentrate on the music feeling good, and forget the rest.
+1