anyone know where any videos are.....

MasterShake89

that would help with improving double bass drum speed. I know that you are all sick of people asking "how do i get faster" and i know you'll all say practice. but i want to know if theres an instructional video online, cause there just seems something not right about my double bass speed progression. I went up, up, up. then flatlined. I can do some fast quads and stuff, but tha doesnt require the skill that holding solid beads does. The fastest i can play and hold a standard 16th note pattern with my right hand on 1 2 3 and 4, and my snare hand on 2 and 4 is about 125bpm.....125! THATS NOT FAST. is 170bpm steady 16ths going to be a long journey?

so yes, are there any instructional videos online that i could watch that dictate any of these:

(starting from the basics)
1.seat height, and distance from pedals
2.posture
3.foot position on the pedal (for heals up)
4.the basic movements of higher speed double pedal drumming

if there arnt any online, is there any instructional dvd that would help me?

(ps. i blame the left foot..... :x )

MasterShake89

tamadrumer666":3fqvli16 said:
youtube.com

type in double bass lessions or somthing like that, it realy helped me.
the only things i get when i do that are either just guys showin off how fast they can play, or videos that teach other double bass techniques like quads between your feet and hands. i have yet to finda vid on youtube where a guy sits down and says "to build double bass speed, sit blahblahblah etc"

tamadrumer666

it would seem that the video that i used got removed. it had George Kollias of nile and it helped a little, but as much as i hate to tell you its mostly just practice that you need, not a DVD. as long as your doing it heal up your left will catch up and then it should come rather easily.

MrBojengles

look for george kollias on youtube or derek roddy.. kollias has a clinic instructional vid on how to improve as well as a like 40hour double bass practice book.. almost any thing you can improve you just gotta play.. some just learn faster.. its hard work and gets annoying sometimes especially when i was trying the double bass with one pedal. lololol fun. but yah just worrrkkk.

MasterShake89

as a comment towards that first video with the swivel. ive been playing like that, but my right foot gets in a good swivel groove, but my left ends up falling out of the pattern with it or not swiveling at all. my simple solution to this is to slow it down until i can do it perfectly and then bring it back up?