anyone know about these db drum shoes?

drumr4life509

I just saw the ad for the db drum shoes on the home page and wondered if anyone has them or knows anything about them. It looks like a cool new product but I just wondered if their worth the cash or not.

drummert2k

to me, special footwear is just a crutch for someone who wants to try to replace practice and technique with gear and "technology". seems like a waste of money to me. if you need a cirtain type of shoe to feel confident with your playing, you might be lacking in the practice department

Mike T

drummert2k":22igv1px said:
to me, special footwear is just a crutch for someone who wants to try to replace practice and technique with gear and "technology". seems like a waste of money to me. if you need a cirtain type of shoe to feel confident with your playing, you might be lacking in the practice department
LOL i am sure Carl Lewis will next run in combat Boots since footwear is not important...seriously footwear is very important, try playing in lace up cowboy boots as opposed to flat converse tennis shoes practice has nothing to do with it it is ergonomics, whatever you wear you should not constrict your ankles or foot movement. Your shoes should not only be comfy but should not slip on pedals or be big and clumbsy so you can move fast and smooth between pedals . They should also bend easily at the ball of your foot...footwear is very important to think otherwise,is only cheating yourself...

PS they should also be Light 10,000 chicks on the hihats equal alot of weight up and down...

drummert2k

im talking about ebing able to play in these new "drumming"shoes being totally differant than playing in a pair of vans. now if you play in cowboy boot or big lace up boots you're gonna have trouble. but if you cant play something in normal sneakers, a fancy pair of shoes wont make that much differance. i went through the playing in my socks phase for better control of the pedal. until i realized that practicing with shoe eventually got me playing the same with shoes as without.

Flatliner

shouldn't make too much of a difference, but hey, maybe one day the whole world will be wearing drummer shoes instead of skater shoes...a guy can dream...

mattdoesrock

I find that I can only really play well in 1 pair of shoes, my knacked out old DC's - trouble is, like I said, their knacked so I dunno what Im gonna play in after those fall apart...

I think its very important that your footwear is right, you do need something comfy and easy to play in.

Saying that...in one music video I saw a death metal band (cant remember the name for the life of me) playing in Doc Martins! They were pretty much laced up army boots! And he was playing pretty damn fast with his two kicks!

Deanoatc

I play bare foot too!!! I always wondered how those Dancing shoes benefit Neil Peart when he plays. I have never heard of these new db drum shoes, but I want to check them out. Sometimes I feel you have more control with something on your feet, and sometimes I feel yo don't, but I think they might be worth trying.

Will

I've just been skimming through this thread so excuse me if my facts or whatever are wrong...

I agree with Tim Keeley to a point, you should not rely on shoes instead of technique, in fact I know a drummer who doesnt even configure his pedals when he gets them because his technique is so good he can just adapt and he has a massive pedal set up at the moment.

But about playing in boots.. it can be done!

I know a guy who played in massive steel capped boots and he was fast as hell.

Flatliner

hmm just looked at those shoes, don't seem bad as far as style, by no means the hottest thing to put on your feet but you could do worse.They're cheaper than the shoes I normally buy, but I wouldn't were them anywear except to the drumkit and they don't seem advantageous over any other shoe so if you like them I say buy them, but don't expect to double your speed or anything crazy like that.

A lot of old school jazz drummers seem to think the dance shoe is the perfect drummer shoe but not a lot of them play really fast foot work so I'm not sure why this opinion has developed.

zen_drummer

Flatliner":2x9eqia8 said:
A lot of old school jazz drummers seem to think the dance shoe is the perfect drummer shoe but not a lot of them play really fast foot work so I'm not sure why this opinion has developed.
All the old schoolers wore patent leather dress shoes on the band stand.

Every time I ever saw Buddy Rich he was wearing those ugly wing-tip lace up shoes. I've never seen a jazz cat in dance shoes.

aztec1

I use $5 kung fu shoes. They work great for driving shoes too, and anything else that needs a sole band grip but still has to retain a good feel.

ccrdrums

hey i just remembered my football coach was talkin to us yesterday and he said we always need to wear shoes (cuz we run without our shoes sometimes) becausr he said youre are the most important thing in like gettin things right and stuff

casketborn1

Depending on the song I rotate between socks- and my D-Bo's( slippers w/ rubber sole). The slippers dont resrict my ankles and dont slip- but the lack of flexability at the ball of my feet prevents me from picking up speed, so that is when the slippers come of.