Anyone Else Hate Mapex Finishes?

Alcyon

I'd buy an M-Birch Power Rock 24 in an INSTANT if they had black. Just black. It's not even a colour, just a shade! Please! Mapex! Get some basic finishes!

Anyone else agree?

sefalik

I'm not a huge fan of most of Mapex's finishes. They're all actually really nice, just not my thing. Great drums though. I think it's a little strange that the color is the only thing holding you back from ordering some though... you could always wrap it to your liking.

sefalik

Nah, I know what you mean though.

I'd love to get a Sonor S-Sclassix kit (if I had the money... ha), but none of the finishes really draw me to them. Of course, the sound's the important part. ;)

GeorgeDemise

They do have them in plain black. My mate has an endorsement with them and has a plain black kit. I used to hate them but i've seen some lately that are really nice.

Airborne Ranger

I'm not a fan of Mapex's finishes either. They have only one that I like, the Black Cherry Sparkle in the Saturn line. Their Green Apple Fade has to be one the ugliest finishes I've ever seen. Their lack of nice finishes prevents me form ever buying their product.