Anyone check out the new K hybrid cymbals???

Pork Sword

Hello,

I was curious if anyone checked out the new Zildjian K hybrid cymbals??? They look rather interesting & given the write-up they got in Modern Drummer I am very interested in them. However everyone knows K's are a huge nut to crack moneywise.

just wondering anyone's impression of them.

thanks

Shalaq

I've heard them used by Akira Jimbo. The hihats sound very full when played with the pedal. The ride has plenty of wash.
All in all they're good sounding cymbals. Not my sound, but great quality.

Pork Sword

thanks...I've also heard they are very middle of the road...meaning suitable for all styles of music (or at least the MD article said).

I appreciate the help

Pork Sword

oh yeah...good rule of thumb is that anything labeled with the K=EXPENSIVE!!!!

I think the K is short for wallet smasher in turkish ;)

Dale

I've been checking them out at the music store and I really like what I've heard. I might buy some.

I just bought a 22" high definition Pre aged K ride and it was expensive. The list price was over $800.00!!!

Sanady361

My buddy plays a 17" Hybrid Crash/Ride... sounds excellent

I tell him everytime I see him play that I'm gonna steal it.

He gets cost on that stuff from the local music shop..

Must be nice to save $100 off retail, and then take an employee discount. :)

quikstang2

Sanady361":2mo8lbpx said:
My buddy plays a 17" Hybrid Crash/Ride... sounds excellent

I tell him everytime I see him play that I'm gonna steal it.

He gets cost on that stuff from the local music shop..

Must be nice to save $100 off retail, and then take an employee discount. :)
lucky bastard. I freaking want some.

Does anyone know itf they're louder than the K Custdom Darks? I likt those, but they're a bit on the quiet side.

paul89

I've been looking for hi hat 13.25" K Custom Hybrid for a few months and I haven't found yet :( Of course it must be used ,because I don't have money for a new. If somebody have this hi hat for sell please write to me :)

paul89

Hmm.. I have a questions :
Do u think that this hi hat might be used to soft kind of music like : reggae,blues, soft rock etc. ? Thanks , I'm waiting for answers.

Dale

paul89":lgf9w3tb said:
Hmm.. I have a questions :
Do u think that this hi hat might be used to soft kind of music like : reggae,blues, soft rock etc. ? Thanks , I'm waiting for answers.
Yes, those hats could be used for a situation like that. They have quite a lot of depth. Of course I've only played them at the shop. I've not used them in a band setting.

iplaydrums1

i actually am only a fan of the splashes hats and rides, basically the cymbals that are meant to be played on different parts of the face of the cymbal. i tried out the crashes and thought it sounded very....bland ..i guess?

nothing beats a normal k custom :D