Anybody here know/listen to a band called The Faceless?

lgdrummer92

Yeah. I was just wondering if their drums are programmed. Cause they dont list a drummer an the drums are crazy impossible.

dahlgrendrummer

There is about 3-4 drummers playing on the last CD, so to make it all sound like one drummer, everything is resampled from a drum kit sampling program. The drums on that record are difficult, but not impossible by any means. Go take a listen to Nick Pierce on youtube.com he was they're drummer for a while last year and played a song on the record.

Brother_Bong

In reality, 4 drummers individually did separate tracks, in the studio, with no computers, other than possibly pro-tools. It just so happens that Nick, Brett, Andy, and Navene are all exceptional drummers. All the info is in the liner notes of Akeldama. As a matter of fact Brett is now calling himself "Brett 290" because he can run 290 bpm 16ths flawlessly. Oh, and by the way, the rest of the band members are absolutely sick, a must have!

Solix

Bong":10i0nt9r said:
As a matter of fact Brett is now calling himself "Brett 290" because he can run 290 bpm 16ths flawlessly.
...that doesn't make him sound like a jackass at all........ :roll:

Brother_Bong

Solix":15hqz3hj said:
Bong":15hqz3hj said:
As a matter of fact Brett is now calling himself "Brett 290" because he can run 290 bpm 16ths flawlessly.
...that doesn't make him sound like a jackass at all........ :roll:
I didn't call anybody a jackass, I'm completely in awe....

lgdrummer92

man well i know they arent "impossible" but their crazy nonetheless. the autopsy just friggin makes me wanna cry its the fuckin...shit lmao

Nolat

I saw The Faceless at Summer Slaughter. They were pretty brutal. They sound like an americanized version of Necrophagist (Between The Buried and Me + Necrophagist = The Faceless, IMO) But ya, Im not sure which drummer they have now out of all those drummers they used, but he had insanely fast feet. I admit he's really fast, but Nile's drummer play 290 for like 6min straight on some songs. Once you master twitch with your feet you can play that fast no problem for a while.

dahlgrendrummer

Brett is playing for As Blood Runs Black right now. He is so good at the faster stuff they play, but his grooves are a little stiff compared to Lech, they're old drummer. He's a bad mofo! Elliot JFAC's old drummer was playing for The Faceless at Summer Slaughter last leg because Lord Marco's mom died of cancer. He did pretty good, his blasts weren't up to par with the recording though.

xdoseonex

i just saw the faceless and as blood runs black at summer slaughter at bb kings, the faceless was good, nothing too crazy, and to be honest theyre drummer didnt really impress me. brett baddorf was playing for as blood runs black. his feet are really fast and was pretty tight.
but then marco minneman came out with necrophagist and showed all those amateurs how a real drummer kills death metal

dahlgrendrummer

xdoseonex":22amklgb said:
i just saw the faceless and as blood runs black at summer slaughter at bb kings, the faceless was good, nothing too crazy, and to be honest theyre drummer didnt really impress me. brett baddorf was playing for as blood runs black. his feet are really fast and was pretty tight.
but then marco minneman came out with necrophagist and showed all those amateurs how a real drummer kills death metal
Isn't that truth of it, Marco Minnemen raped every single drummer on that tour. The only guy who came close to him in skill is John Merryman, the drummer for Cephalic Carnage.

xdoseonex

yeah trhe drummer for cephalic was fuxckin awesome, but there is littereally not one drummer in the death metal genre that can come close to holdiong a candle to marco minneman. im sorry to say it

PDP9000

i think they ues to have a guy called lord marco but i think he quiet so they just ues the reocding of the drums that he played

Brother_Bong

Marco is an amazing drummer. He was hired temporarily to tour with them, and learned the songs in no time. No small chore.
From what I understand, he's not going to return to The Faceless, as his commitment is to Braindrill