Anybody herd of.......

yeah they are a custom drum company.. if you want some sound listen these Panic at the Disco, The Receiving End of Sirens, Dropkick Murphys, Cartel, Boys Like Girls. I'm sure their website lists more of their artists if you need some more detail. Also I have played an SJC kit before at a festival. This local bands drummer had one and said everyone could use it to cut down on "change" time. I got complimented a lot after that show, from what I could hear they sounded wonderful although I'm not sure of the difference between any custom drum company other than finishes. If you're interested in getting a custom set I recommend Shine. They are still great kits for less than other custom companys, hope this was helpful in any way.

anavrinIV

they're just another custom company, keller shells, standard hardware. support medicine man if you're going custom

Mitchell?

They are just another custom company.

The only difference really is that because of the big bands they've got covered, they can charge more.

If you gonna go custom, like anavrin said, support Medicine Man.

'Nuff said. :D

antiunderscores

i really hate it about a lot of instruments, half the time the company only sticks the stuff together. Like custom companies buy shells and guitar companies buy pickups, cause personally making that stuff seems to me the most interesting part.

PatternsInTheIvy

burningfaithdrums":6ng4ufm9 said:
yeah they are a custom drum company.. if you want some sound listen these Panic at the Disco, The Receiving End of Sirens, Dropkick Murphys, Cartel, Boys Like Girls. I'm sure their website lists more of their artists if you need some more detail. Also I have played an SJC kit before at a festival. This local bands drummer had one and said everyone could use it to cut down on "change" time. I got complimented a lot after that show, from what I could hear they sounded wonderful although I'm not sure of the difference between any custom drum company other than finishes. If you're interested in getting a custom set I recommend Shine. They are still great kits for less than other custom companys, hope this was helpful in any way.
I dont think I would buy drums based on those bands namedropped :roll:

antiunderscores

PatternsInTheIvy":3dcgbtl1 said:
burningfaithdrums":3dcgbtl1 said:
I dont think I would buy drums based on those bands namedropped :roll:
also a valid point

Rob Crisp

I don't think it was a name drop per se guys, he was just giving examples although I also wouldn't buy drums based soley on who plays them.

As for the custom company, I've just bought a Medicine Man snare and I can't wait to play it! Go MM!

TheLoneGunman

IMO The Dropkick Murphy's are great!

I like Custom kits a lot. The drummer that currently holds the position is my former band was offered a deal from C & C. He was also offered a deal from Risen. I don't know how he can pass up the C & C kit as he's the local famous drum maker, but I hear he's going with Risen. It doesn't seem very punk rock to me to pass on a local dude. That band will be huge real soon though. When they get signed to a major label, I'm getting my job back! :D