any Skynyrd fans?

EOTE_drummer

New member
what do yall guys think of Lynyrd Skynyrd? and yeah i said "yall" im an Okie. but anyways? i think their great! they are super cool people too. they also put on an amazing live show. if yall don't know who they are you should check em out! even if your not real big on southern rock, they are still great.
 

stump

New member
Southern Rock Icons man!! How many of you guys have played a gig and not heard "play some Skynyrd!"? Like them alot but the band I play with doesn't play covers. Have I played Freebird...Hell yeah! Peace!
 

Rob the Drummer

New member
Yea, I used to like Skynard, until I had to play 5 of their songs every night!

Sweet Home- Most requested song ever!

Freebird- Most yelled out song ever!
 

EOTE_drummer

New member
Rob the Drummer":zqvzj4de said:
Yea, I used to like Skynard, until I had to play 5 of their songs every night!

Sweet Home- Most requested song ever!

Freebird- Most yelled out song ever!
yeah i know what you mean! at least one person yell's out freebird at everyone of our shows. and when that songs lasts like 15 minutes and its at the end of the show and your tired and sweaty, you tend 2 get burned out. but i still love that band though.
 

SmellsLikeIan

New member
I would give the people still making money off the name Lynrd Skynrd a little more credit if they just changed their name. Lynrd Skynrd WAS a great band, but most of them have died. And Artemis Pyle isn't even playing with them anymore, even though he's alive. Yeah, I know Johnny is Ronnie's brother, but he just can't sing like Ronnie. He should have stuck with .38 special and the remaining 2 guys (now there's only the keyboard guy, but when they started touring with Johnny there was the bass player and the keyboard player) should have played under a different name. And yes I know Rick Medlock was an original member of skynrd before they got big, but he should have stayed with his own band, Blackfoot, instead of hopping back on a dead group's bandwagon. I love their old songs, can't say I like the new ones, but that's just my opinion.
 

m

New member
We used to play at a venue in Florida where the manager promised to throw out any patron who requested "Freebird."

I liked that guy
 

Beej

New member
Great band, I'm just so burnt out on Sweet Home and Freebird. It's gotten to the point I turn the radio when they come on. Now give me some Down South Jukin' and some tunes that aren't played every other song on the radio, I'll take a listen and jam!

As far as the current lineup, I agree with the others. They should leave the Skynyrd name alone and move on. These guys that are playing for them not aren't even playing their own material. It's sorta like Paul and Ringo going back on tour as the Beatles.
 

EOTE_drummer

New member
i know what you mean its not the same. its only halfway Lynyrd Skynyrd. more like Lynd Skynd. you know, just not the same. and i never really liked sweet home alabama, but i'm talking about other songs: ballad of curtis lowe, gimme back my bullets, that smell, tuesdays gone. you know, the good stuff!
 

Rockula!

New member
I am not a big fan but I did notice that the drummer featured in the concert I saw was playing a very unusual kit configuration (I think it was VH1 or CMT etc...)
He had his Hi Hat and Ride in front of the kit and all the toms to the side
It made me think in directions that lead me to my latest configuration

I was not able to find a pic of this kit
Anyone?????
Beuhler??????
 

dave lynch

New member
Lynyrd Skynyrd was a big part of my life when I was growing up..I remember when they 1sy came out...I saw them live before the plane crash...They didn't play Simple Man for some reason and it was one of my favorites...Oh and ZZ Top on the Fandango Tour was great...Oh yeah and for a little throw off the Pink Flotd Dark Side of the Moon Tour was sumtin else..Yeah I'm gettin up there in age..lol...I don't care what anyone thinks..I still like Free Bird and I luv Tuesday's Gone..!!
 

Medicman71

New member
I love Lynyrd Skynyrd. I've always been a fan of Southern Rock and they are the Gods of Southern Rock! And I love all thier songs. Doesn't matter.

But people, do you have to yell "Freebird" at a Rush concert? Yes, someone did at the Snakes and Arrows concert back in August. LOL.
 

dave lynch

New member
Medicman71":wymu7ocs said:
I love Lynyrd Skynyrd. I've always been a fan of Southern Rock and they are the Gods of Southern Rock! And I love all thier songs. Doesn't matter.

But people, do you have to yell "Freebird" at a Rush concert? Yes, someone did at the Snakes and Arrows concert back in August. LOL.
It's fnny cuz I sometimes play with a rockin blues band ( a 3 peice all dudes ) and a girl came up and asked if we can play Faith Hill !! Now that's crazy..!! LOL
 

FiestyRedDrummEr

New member
dave lynch":39dutqra said:
Lynyrd Skynyrd was a big part of my life when I was growing up..I remember when they 1sy came out...I saw them live before the plane crash...They didn't play Simple Man for some reason and it was one of my favorites...Oh and ZZ Top on the Fandango Tour was great...Oh yeah and for a little throw off the Pink Flotd Dark Side of the Moon Tour was sumtin else..Yeah I'm gettin up there in age..lol...I don't care what anyone thinks..I still like Free Bird and I luv Tuesday's Gone..!!
your so lucky. I secretly think I was born in the wrong generation.
 
Top