any difference?

drummert2k

the glitter one shows it comes with stands and stuff. the other one only states about the drums and sizes. you might wanna make a phone call or throw an email to musicians friend to find out for sure.

i have this series kit though and can tell you i love it!

drummert2k

i have one of the high gloss finishes. i have the kit in amber finish. i got it right through the company though.

drummert2k

it looks awesome and really sounds great. when you get it though i recommend putting some new batter tom heads on, porting the front kick head and maybe even getting a new kick batter head (if you're into heads like the power sonic or emad or muffled heads like that.)

but i took this kit on tour and shot a live dvd with it and was 100% happy. im actually trying to sell 2 of my high end kits now just because this ludwig is the one i use out all the time.

and i love the birch shells. soooo boomin

drummert2k

Paistedrummer":fnfqq96l said:
was it cheaper gettin it through ludwig?
i just got the shell pack (kick and toms. no stands or snare or anything) so that made it quite a bit cheaper. thats something you'd have to ask about if you order it from like musicians friend or something

drummert2k

AK-Drummer":2zn0pw3f said:
how did u order it straight from them? cuz i dont like any of the finishes on the musicians friend
i went through a local music store to order. either go to a music store and talk to them or drop ludwig an email asking for a contact of someone to talk to for ordering a kit.

but luckily the music store in my area is a ludwig dealer.

AK-Drummer

mmm i emailed them....it sucks alaska's options are so limited. hopefully they can hook me up tho. i checked thier site and found 1 i love but gettin it is the issue. thanks for the help tho!

drummert2k

AK-Drummer":1lf1zjtc said:
mmm i emailed them....it sucks alaska's options are so limited. hopefully they can hook me up tho. i checked thier site and found 1 i love but gettin it is the issue. thanks for the help tho!
no prob. hope they can get the kit to ya that ya want.