Another new drummer

Reaper33X

Hey everyone.
My name's Chris. I just joined here.
I'm 20 years old and from the UK.

I'm a self-taught drummer and I've been playing for about 2 years.
I'm a righty playing lefty (if that makes sense)

My dad used to have a drum kit and he had it set up left-handed (as he is actually left handed), so thats how I picked it up.

My set-up is as follows:

Tama Superstar fusion kit:
-14" snare
-12" tom
-14" floor tom

16" Zildjian A custom crash
17" Paiste crash (looking to replace with a 17" A Custom)
21" Zildjian ZBT Ride
13" Zildjian A Custom mastersound hi-hats
18" Zildjian Oriental China Trash

My biggest influences are Travis Barker, Lars Ulrich, Gil Sharone, Phil Collins, Taylor Hawkins and Tres Cool.

I've only looked through this board a few times, but it appears to be full of knowledgable people that I can learn a lot from.

RogersDrummer

Nice to meet you Chris.

In some ways, it is good that you are a right handed person playing a left handed kit. This way, you have a bigger chance at becoming ambidextrous on the set.

happy drumming

rob

DreamT

Hey nice to have you here. My only comment would be to pick up some less overrated influences. lol. just kidding. No influence is a bad one just depends how you want to play.

Reaper33X

DreamT":1ludi61e said:
Hey nice to have you here. My only comment would be to pick up some less overrated influences. lol. just kidding. No influence is a bad one just depends how you want to play.
yeh I kind of expected a bit of flaming for that, but ah well. Each to their own :p

loop

Welcome to the forums, Reaper33X :) Make sure to post pics of your kit in Show Us Your Kit section(do I love Tamas? :wink: )

Flatliner

welcome good sir. and please don't post a "what's the best?.." thread. they get somewhat irratating and have a way of mutiplying like gremlins.

Reaper33X

Flatliner":277u1vg9 said:
welcome good sir. and please don't post a "what's the best?.." thread. they get somewhat irratating and have a way of mutiplying like gremlins.
haha, I'm well aware. I've been a member of an ice hockey equipment board for many years, so I know what an appropriate etiquette for a board is :p

My name is Aaron. I'm a fairly new drummer. I've been doing custom percussion and bongo's for about a year and a half, but now I'm a full pledge drummer. My band's name is Blakk Waters, my drum set is posted in the 'Drum Set' section of the forums. I'm hoping I can get some word-worthy advice here and better myself. I started drumming mainly because I love trying something new to better myself, my influence hands down is Joey Jordison, in my opinion, one of The Best drummers you will find anywhere