and you thought MY cymbal setup was impractical....=P

a7xjlee

your kit isnt unpractical i think its set up pretty sweet and seeing as u crash the ride its in probably one of the most suitable positions but that one is just rediculously un-necesary not only does it look weird but its gotta been damn hard to play...

rundylanrunn

i hope he's not a member here. if he is, hi victor!!

we toured with them briefly last summer, he used to get me back for teasing him about his cymbal heights by raising my cymbals to an ungodly height while i was playing.

i'd have lowered his while he was playing but i imagine it would have just improved his playing. =P

he's a great guy though. and i suppose if it works for him, then it's right.

rundylanrunn

a7xjlee":1aboiu96 said:
your kit isnt unpractical i think its set up pretty sweet and seeing as u crash the ride its in probably one of the most suitable positions but that one is just rediculously un-necesary not only does it look weird but its gotta been damn hard to play...
thanks for the kind words!

a7xjlee

lol np i just need to sneek in one more stupid comment , i wonder if hes cymbals are subject to altitude sickness all the way up there... wow lame :oops:

xdoseonex

why the hell does eveyone need to be travis barker these days. there absolutley no originalitly in that setup

TheLoneGunman

I think it's just stupid to play cymbals that high, but I suppose if one wants to suck I won't get in the way. But besides his cymbals how about that bed spread in his bass drum. That looks aweful to me and screams poser noob.

It angers me when it becomes about what you look like and not how you sound, and that's what he's doing with those cymbals. I'm all in favor of having a weird or different setup but it should make sense and make you better, not worse.

But ya know, whatever it don't effect me at all. I don't have to play on that kit, lol Sorry if I seem harsh on this one.

rundylanrunn

yeah, it looks ridiculous to me too.

but i try to just be like, if that's how he likes it then more power to him, you know?

cause i wouldn't like it if someone thought my setup was dumb.

TheLoneGunman

rundylanrunn":934x52ss said:
yeah, it looks ridiculous to me too.

but i try to just be like, if that's how he likes it then more power to him, you know?

cause i wouldn't like it if someone thought my setup was dumb.
agreed

scottydont

John Stanier plays for Battles. I actually dont mind some of their stuff but he rarely hits the thing. Still, no excuse for having it up there :lol:
check it out
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IpGp-22t0lU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IpGp-22t0lU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>